“a shining light in an off the beaten path location”

Palace International
Ranked #112 of 797 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Delivery
Reviewed January 17, 2013

i have to say i was pleasantly surprised byt the food. it tasted like you were in mom's kitchen, only mom is from kenya...the service was good, and the menu looked like it had a variety of really cool stuff we just couldn't get to it all. We did have Zanzibari Shrimp Delight and Chicken Karanga, and it was delightful - full of flavor, fresh and interesting spices and flavors my palate doesn't normally get.
A place worth stopping at , or finding....

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I ran across the Palace International Restaurant on the way to another one and decided to stop here based on the sign stating Fine African cuisine. There were a couple of tables occupied and a few people at the bar, but otherwise wasn't too crowded. The restaurant itself is not very big, but that only gives it a more intimate and homely feeling. The decor is nicely done, with the emphasis on African wildlife and theme. The waitress welcomed me immediately and allowed me to sit anywhere that I wanted.

The menu itself is not very big, but offers a variety of dishes that should satisfy anyone. They have a nice wine selection as well as other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. I had the lamb which came with rice and spinach. The lamb was marinated in spices and the quantity of the food was just enough to satisfy me. The food was excellent and one of the better meals I have had in awhile.

The staff was all very friendly, with the cook even asking how everything was. The waitress was genuine in her attitude and made my stay that much more enjoyable. I will definitely return when I'm in the area.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We went for the Sunday buffet which was very good. Nice variety of tasty dishes. There were about 15 of us including 4 children. Not a lot of room for a group this large but we managed to have a great time. Great selection of African wines, but they are a bit pricey.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Owners are African. Food is a blend of Africa and the US South. Wonderful beans, greens, rice, and fried fish.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I so enjoyed the atmosphere, wonderful food, nice people, can't wait to come back!!