“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed here for one night in a King Suite. The hotel is new and contemporary. Check-in was ok, we had trouble with our room key and had to hike back downstairs with our bags for a new key but it was worth it. The sleeping area is separated from the "living" area by a glass block wall. The room was small but not cramped. Our room had a new microwave and mini-refrigerator, flat-screen tv, comfortable sofa and a good-sized desk for business travelers. The bathroom was a different layout with a counter and shower in one room and the toilet and small sink in another room. Both were closed with sliding doors. Anyway, the bed was comfortable. There are 2 computers and a printer available for use in the lobby. There is a pool and hot tub - we used the hot tub but the pool had lots of bugs and hair floating in it so we didn't use it. Breakfast was standard - not great but not terrible either. Overall, a good hotel to stop for a short time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Bourne, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights to visit family in area -- exactly what you'd expect from a new hotel -- clean, modern, basic chain hotel, pleasant staff. Easy access to highway, shopping, restaurants. "Very Good" at best... but certainly not a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stayed over two nights for a UNC football game. Spacious, nicely appointed rooms, and convenient location. Near the UNC shuttle bus stop and lots of restaurants. Hearty breakfast with lots of choices. Great to have internet access in room. Needs towel racks; we like to reuse our towels and since most hotels encourage that practice, it's surprising that a new hotel like this doesn't. It's easy to have water all over the bathroom floor after a shower, as the door doesn't actually click shut and it is hard to tell if it is completely closed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the new Springhill Suites, rooms was great size ,spacious, nice pool and staff had excellent customer service skills!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay there. It was like my home away from home. I will surely stay there again the next time I am in town. Everyone was nice and I received excellent service. Your Hotel is doing a wonderful job. I will recommend your hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I will be making several trips to Duke Hospital over the next several months and need a quiet and safe place to stay with my wife. I booked my reservation on the marriott site at the Senior discount. I saw this hotel was new which was a plus. I called the hotel first, to see how far they were from the hospital and told them I had already booked a hotel room on line. They are only about 5 miles from the hospital and in a shopping center area with restaurants and things to do. Since we will be staying for 3-4 days on each trip, I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere, so this hotel was nice to find. When I checked into the hotel and told the check in desk why I was in the area, they offered me a better rate for being a medical patient. I save $40 just for telling them why I was there! Very nice touch to offer discounts to those who are traveling for medical reasons. I hope that other will read this and try this new hotel. They were efficient, kind and helpful. I already told a few people at the hospital where I was visiting and they were not aware this hotel was here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MtnLovr7
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I stayed with my business partners at this Springhill Suites in August. It is brand new and so nicely equipped. Beautiful rooms, very modern , and sparkling clean. The staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. It is also located right next to about 20 nice restaurants and easily accessible to Chapel Hill and Durham. Great place and the suite room format makes it so nice to spread out and work, relax and enjoy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business