“Served our purposes well”

SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is located in a very quiet area. The suite was plenty large enough w/ two queen beds, and a separate area w/ a sofa and a small galley kitchen.

There was a mix up in the rooms/dates combinations requested -- totally our fault -- and the clerk cheerfully righted everything we'd done wrong in specifying our wishes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Hello C5Cye,

Thank you for the kind review, it is truly appreciated. I was especially happy to hear that our staff was able to accomodate you on the changes that needed to be made. That is certainly one of the true measurements on how well we are doing. I hope you will come stay with us again!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a very nice, quiet hotel. While we were there for a family event, it is perfect for business travelers. Very sleek and modern, but best of all comfy beds and amazingly quiet. The check-in process was very fast as was the check out. There is a desk and coffee station in the room, and the shower/vanity and water closet are separated. The closet space is ample. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cjval

Hello CJVAL,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a survey. Your comments as well as your business are both greatly appreciated. Your remarks were very flattering and I will certainly share them with our staff. Thank you and come see us again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Although brand new, very disappointed; this was the smallest "suite" I have ever stayed in. Other Springhill Suites have twice the square footage. Also, the room was very strange; it has a sliding frosted glass door to the bathroom (the room is to small to allow a full size door to swing open), which is ok except when you have to use it in the middle of the night and everybody else in the room wakes up from the bright light of the bathroom. All the rooms on the floor appeared to be exactly the same. The lobby, breakfast area, parking lot etc., were likewise under-sized. Also, the staff was not as friendly as other Marriott properties. Glad I was only staying one night; overpriced for value received.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Steve60893,

I truly am sorry that your stay with us was not a more pleasant one. I am equally sorry that you did not find our staff to be as friendly as they should be. Your response will be discussed with all front office employees and hopefully will help us improve.

I am confused on your statement of the rooms being small. Our hotel rooms were built to exact Marriott specifications. We are a generation 4 SpringHill Suites and the rooms are actually larger than the Generation 1 and 2 SpringHill Suite rooms. This is not a complaint I have heard in the past. Perhaps the design made it feel small to you. Either way I again apologize that your stay was not more enjoyable.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend family event and was very impressed. This looks like a fairly new hotel and has a very modern/european design which was very refreshing. Very clean and in great condition with any amenity you could want: small refrigerator, microwave, desk, sitting area, toilet and sink separate from another sink and shower. Bed was a little hard for my taste but just a great stay at a great price.

1  Thank SharonWS1982
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hello SharonWS1982,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive review of our property. Your comments as well as your business are both greatly appreciated. We hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked a handicapped room and it was extremely comfortable. We loved the bathroom - lots of grab bars for safety and a separate toilet and sink room.

The room was exceptionally large and beautifully decorated. We were very comfortable. My only issue was there was little drawer space so I could not unpack my suitcase although
there was an armoire with a small hanging space my husband used for his suits and shirts.

Room Tip: I needed to be close to the elevator and there was no unusual noise. Breakfast is very good but go...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hello kitchenqueen 76,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit such a kind review and for staying with us as well. Both are greatly appreciated. The rooms are indeed larger than most and we receive many favorable comments as a result. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very nice hotel. Check in good. Rooms are fairly large with seating area and separate toilet room with small sink. This made it nice for two people to shower and use toilet at the same time. My only complaint was the breakfast area. It was way too small and congested with too few tables and chairs. Later the second day they opened up the conference room for seating but this should be done at all times. The breakfast server had a hard time keeping the food supplied.

1  Thank Jasmine084
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello Jasmine084,

Thank you for submitting your review. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. Your comments regarding the use of meeting rooms when the breakfast area is full is very fair and we do try and utilize that space whenever we are busy and the rooms are not being used. However, sometimes they are unavailable due to upcoming meetings. I'm not sure whether or not that was the case when you were here. I sincerely apologize that your breakfast experience was not a more positive one.

Thank you as well for all the positive feedback. It sound like your stay overall was a very good one and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here on our way to the beach. Great hotel. Very clean rooms . Easy on and off the interstate. Would highly recommend this hotel . The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful.
We were visiting several places around town also and it was easy to get around.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank momof3gs

Hello momof3gs,

Thank you for the kind review. I appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and the staff, the front desk staff in particular. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again.