“Modern Clean”

SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very nice hotel. Check in good. Rooms are fairly large with seating area and separate toilet room with small sink. This made it nice for two people to shower and use toilet at the same time. My only complaint was the breakfast area. It was way too small and congested with too few tables and chairs. Later the second day they opened up the conference room for seating but this should be done at all times. The breakfast server had a hard time keeping the food supplied.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jasmine084
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello Jasmine084,

Thank you for submitting your review. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. Your comments regarding the use of meeting rooms when the breakfast area is full is very fair and we do try and utilize that space whenever we are busy and the rooms are not being used. However, sometimes they are unavailable due to upcoming meetings. I'm not sure whether or not that was the case when you were here. I sincerely apologize that your breakfast experience was not a more positive one.

Thank you as well for all the positive feedback. It sound like your stay overall was a very good one and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here on our way to the beach. Great hotel. Very clean rooms . Easy on and off the interstate. Would highly recommend this hotel . The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful.
We were visiting several places around town also and it was easy to get around.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank momof3gs

Hello momof3gs,

Thank you for the kind review. I appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and the staff, the front desk staff in particular. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

stayed here before and it is very consistent. Well run, professional staff. Convenient location,
When in town, will stay there again. Nice bar in lobby, good bartender that knows his beer.
That is about all there is to say

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark G

Hello Mark G,

I would like to thank you for your business and for taking the time to submit your review. Both are greatly appreciated. I also appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff, including Rodney, the bartender. I will be sure to pass them on. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently spent 3 days at this property. I have always enjoyed staying here, and this time was no exception. I am a light sleeper and really appreciate a quiet room. My requests here have always been honored. I find the staff to be friendly, professional, and accommodating. This time when I arrived I believed I had "cracked the code" for the quietest possible room and requested the top floor. The staff tried to explain to me that I would be better off on the 5th floor as the ventilation is loudest on the top floor. Based upon previous experience, I did not listen. I should have! The next morning, something like 6 AM the ventilation kicked in, and I was unable to sleep. I went down to the front desk and was offered a room on the 5th floor (which I should have accepted in the beginning, always listen to the staff) which was library quiet. I am so happy with the way I was treated here, I need to pass this on. If you are in the Durham area and have the budget, you should definitely consider this property. The breakfast is great, and certainly counts against the room cost. Business, kids, holiday, whatever. This is a professionally managed property with serious employees in my opinion. I'll be back!

Room Tip: 5th floor, low numbers.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KGF_66
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hello_finicky_traveller66,

Thank you for another kind review and for staying with us again. Your feedback and your business are both greatly appreciated. Your remarks regarding your search for the quietest room really put a smile on my face and you're right the staff learns over time which rooms are the quietest of all. Thank you again!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is so modern, the rooms are light and airy, and the beds are super comfy! I stayed a while ago when it was brand new and the upscale decor really blew my socks off! I love the room decor, the work area, and yes, even the bathrooms. Buffet breakfast is included as always. Close to Duke University.
Marriott always does a nice job, and I would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wannagetaway613
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Hello Wannagetaway613,

Thank you for the kind reveiw and thank you for coming back to see us again. Your remarks as well as your business are both greatly appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed our facilities and am thankful that you would stay with us again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is the 2nd marriot i have stayed in within the last 15 months. again i was impressed on the value and comfort. this one had a large room with a free breakfast also. it was clean, the room and very comfortable and the breakfast was good. the only minor issue i had was the tv did not work great. the pool was nice also and the people very accomadating. i would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arthur W
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Hello Arthur W,

Thank you for the kind review and thank you for staying with us. Both are greatly appreciated. Sorry you had an issue with the tv. They are only a couple of years old and I'm sure that when we do get into the room it will only require a minor adjustment. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we see you again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was pleasantly impressed by this hotel. Seems like this brand goes for the modern look, so enjoyed the brightness and updated look of this hotel. Shower and bathroom are in separate rooms so that is convenient in the mornings. Overall would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jellydoboy
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Hello Jellydoboy,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your recommendation, kind remarks and business are all greatly appreciated. We hope you will come see us again.