“New and Modern Deco”

SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I LOVED this hotel! I travel a lot and this is by far my favorite. The staff was friendly. The lobby was cool and updated. Totally The Jetsons. The outside patio with fire pit and water fountain was awesome. Indoor heated pool, gym, business center. Pantry. Location great! Near several resteraturants that offer discount to those with reservations.. The breakfast was a full breakfast. The rooms were amazing! Very nice and clean. I loved the decor. The suites were large and there were separate large walk in showers and sink/vanity mirror; separate room from the toilet and hand washing sink. Both hand sliding wooden doors. Who actually uses hotel tubs anyway? Ewww! The walk in shower is the modern way to go! I loved the bed with the reading lights and moveable tabels. Flat screen tv of course. Seperate desk/work area. free wi-fi throughout the building. The ONLY "compliant" that I have is that in their effort to be green, the lighting is horrible. So it's hard to do your make up ladies! lol. Other than that...Love it! love! love it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Hello Keke 2873,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review. It is greatly appreciated. We also would like to say thank you for your business. All your comments are appreciated and I assure you your comments about the lighting are read by our ownership group as well. I particularly enjoyed the remark about the Jetsons as I loved them when I was growing up. Thanks and come see us again.

General Mananger

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights this week. I was, indeed, WOWED by this hotel. Not only is it exceptionally clean and neat, but the rooms are sooo very contemporary and well appointed. There are features that I have not seen in chain hotels outside of Europe, such as separate commode and tub/sink rooms with sliding opaque glass doors, huge rooms and a cozy L-shaped couch with chaise lounge on one side. The living area with coffee/microwave area and office area are separate from the bedroom area and would be comfortable for a long stay. The inside pool and hot tub were immaculate and just the right temperatures. There was an outside seating area with a water feature as well as a huge fire pit lit in the evening. I have never written a review of a hotel before - this hotel needed to be noted!!! (Jennifer, the front desk host, was gracious and helpful, as well.)

Room Tip: Water pressure on the 6th floor was slow and it took a good while for it to get hot so a lower floor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Hello xgwoman,

Thank you for the kind review. It is most appreciated. I would like to apologize for the water pressure issue. It should be a simple fix involving removal of debris. I will relay your comments to our staff, including Jennifer and again thank you for the review as well as your business. Come see us again.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is a fairly new hotel and it was staffed by great people. The staff went way out of their way to accommodate me, and my wife during this trip.
First off, I planned on doing a work out in the Durham/Chapel Hill area, and I needed a place to take a shower afterwards. After a very quick call the front desk assured me that they would have a room ready for me when I got there about noon. Not only was the room ready, but they had my paperwork all set and only needed to see my ID when I walked through the door. No issues with the early check in and the room was immaculate.
We got a room closest to the elevators so I was a bit apprehensive about noise, but my worry was for naught. We never heard the elevators, and we got a great night's sleep.

My wife had an all day meeting the next day, and I was left to work remotely. Not only did the front desk staff allow me to do a late check out, 1:00 pm, but they set up a little workstation for me in the lobby to finish my day.
This would have been enough, but, from time to time, the staff would ask if I would like some coffee when they brought out a fresh pot. It was a great experience, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Durham/Chapel Hill area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Hello NattoMatto,

Thank you for the great review. The kind words as well as your business are both greatly appreciated. I'm truly glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occassions for business and used space for meetings. The staff provided excellent customer service in responding to our needs whether it was printing a document or bring refreshing drinks. The staff was very accommodating and met our requests with a smile. We especially enjoyed the lobby/lounge area and outdoor space with the fire pit. Thanks for excellent service - Rodney, Jose', Laura and Linzi! I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so anyone you choose will be great because the couch lets out into a bed an...

Hello Kepe H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time for submit a review and would also like to thank you for all the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and an equally happy to hear that you will be back again. I will certainly share your comments with the staff, especially the four employees you mentioned. Thanks Again!!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Convenient location, modern furnishings, clean room, polite staff, great breakfast and a great value. I was very pleased.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Hello Verborgen,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am very pleased that your stay was such a positive one. That's certainly what we strive for. I hope you will come see us in the not too distant future and thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our company has completed three trainings at this hotel and each one has been great. The customer service is excellent! Laura Pelletier (the sales manager) does a wonderful job making sure everything is ready for our meeting and also making sure the participants coming to our meetings are able to get their rooms at the rate we promised.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Hello Elisa D.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It is most appreciated. I have shared your comments with Laura and will do so with the rest of the staff as well. I was particularly excited to read how happy you were with the service we provided. Thank you Elisa. We're truly glad we have become "A great place for Meetings".

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stay in the area often for work and happened upon this Marriott property because my normal stay - at the Courtyard on Rt. 54 - was sold out. This is now my first choice! I've stayed at a Springhill Suites before, but it must have been an older property. This hotel is new, very well maintained, staffed with great people and is in a great location. The rooms are spacious and have a bit of a European-flair. The happy hour hit the spot with fresh fruit, cheese and crackers and some other things that I passed by given I was headed to dinner.
I encourage you to try this hotel, but alas it's a two-edged sword. I just tried to make a reservation for next week and it's sold out. Perhaps I should have kept my opinions to myself!

Hello Gina D.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your business as well as your kind words are most appreciated. Your review will certainly be shared with our staff. We particularly enjoyed hearing that we have become your #1 choice of hotels in the area. That is something we are proud of and we're glad we made your stay such a pleasant one. Thanks Again!!