SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Travelocity
$72
$68
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskfire pitfrosted glasschapel hillshower areahome depothot tubsitting areawork spacetwo queen bedsoatmealconvenient locationwalk in showerfree breakfastindoor poolflat screen tvcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was not given Marriott Rewards credit for a 2 night stay at this property because I booked my reservation through AAA, which uses Expedia. Marriott refused to give me credit. This is a great property, but members beware!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill has been a perfect choice for my recent business trips to the area. The facility appears to be new. It is comfortable, clean and relaxing. The rooms are well appointed and provide everything needed including seemless internet access. Breakfast buffet offers good choices and is fresh. The staff are attentive and very friendly. Linzi Thomas at the front desk was very helpful to me on several occasions. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is my second time staying at this property, andd I will be back. I travel the southeast US for my company and stay at only Marriott or Hilton properties and I must say this is one of the best in my opinion. The front desk staff is very professional and efficient. The rooms are very clean and modern and I love the managers reception that they provided during my stay. Nick is the attendant and let me tell you what a great guy! The spread they provided was fresh fruit (stawberries, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew) cheese and crackers, pizza, meatballs, red and white wines, and bottled beer, soda, water, etc. Exceptional!! I did not even go to dinner after since I was full. I stongly recommend this property if you value quality and a caring staff!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Spent a Tuesday night here. I didn't noice it when I checked in in the afternoon but when I returned late that night the room had a strong mildew odor. I was too tired to change rooms at that point. Also the breakfast closed at 9AM which was a little early for us this time. Otherwise the service at check-in was great and it was very quiet during the night. Would stay here again but will definitely check odor first.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Faced with a mandatory evacuation ahead of Hurricane Irene, my husband and I faced a dilemma: stay with friends or at a hotel? We opted to book SpringHill Suites.
Arriving at the hotel tired and stressed, with enough luggage for a family of 4 planning a month's stay, the hotel staff immediately leapt into action, summoning a porter to help us lug our 2 heavy-duty stainless steel dollies, the best we've ever seen at a hotel, up to the 5th floor. But the service didn't stop there. When we had to extend our stay from 2 to 4 nights because our town hadn't been able to restore power, the front desk staff cheerfully accommodated us.
Our room was spacious, clean, and beautifully appointed. It contained a bath and a half [separate toilet, nice touch], a desk with wi-fi access, an area with a refrigerator & microwave, two queen beds, a large flat screen TV, a roomy sitting area. My husband requires an oxygen concentrator at night [there was plenty of room for that in the bedroom] and a nebulizer twice a day, which was easy to set up in the sitting area. It was a great value for the senior rate that we paid.
The hotel also has a swimming pool & hot tub, a fitness center, and banquet rooms, one of which the staff was happy for my husband to use to practice his horn. There's a guest laundry, which we took advantage of when we ran out of clean clothes. The parking lot is more than adequate; the location is really wonderful--lots of restaurants & shopping, even a grocery store! But the best feature of all is the bountiful, delicious breakfast with something for everyone. My husband is a big breakfast eater, whereas I prefer just fruit and yogurt, perhaps a small muffin. The breakfast bar had all of this and more--waffles, hash browns, quesidillas, cereal, juice, etc. It's probably the best breakfast we've ever had at a hotel.
The staff was courteous, friendly, helpful, solicitous--greeting us whenever we passed through the lobby, inquiring about news from home, and making sure to have hurricane updates on the several lobby flat screen TV sets. They were eager to give us a list of restaurants, check the internet for local shopping information, answer any questions we had.
I know that most people think of the Durham-Chapel Hill area in terms of sports and medicine, but I want them to know that it's also a great place to find refuge from the storm, and the SpringHill Suites is the best hurricane evacuation hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple