“A+ Duke hotel”

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Florida
“A+ Duke hotel”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My family stayed at SpringHIll Suites the end of July while in town to retrieve our daughter from her summer stay at Duke University. Our stay was perfect. I wish I had known how convenient this hotel was to Duke as we stayed at another Marriott property billed as convenient to Duke and we had a less than desirable experience there. The hotel was simply lovely from the attentive staff to the modern decor. While we were there construction was being done to the breakfast area to expand the area and I was told by staff that it was also to allow them to serve light bar food in the evenings for their guests. Being as this was only our second time in Durham we asked for restaurant recommendations and were not disappointed. The staff referred us to several local restaurants as we did not want a chain eatery. Their recommendations were excellent and we even ran into a one of the staff members picking up take out one evening. The hotel was quiet and relaxing, our room was spacious and clean. The advantage of the refrigerator and microwave in room wonderful for a family. I wish we had cause to be in Durham again soon but until our daughter returns to Duke next summer we will have to wait. We will most assuredly be staying here !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
StvKoehler
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We liked this hotel a lot. Aside from rather hard beds, it was great. I liked the modern decor.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel has the feel of a very nice European hotel; the room was very modern, with the shower and toilet separate. (Very nice touch). The room is quite spacious with living and sleeping space separate with a glass divider. The staff was very attentive and friendly and in my view it was a great location. Ten minute drive to Chapel Hill and about the same to downtown Durham. I will certainly stay there again on my next visit to the area.

Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed August 20, 2011

As a loyal Marriott customer I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The hotel was clean, crisp and our room was beautifully arranged. The staff was very friendly. I was there with my family to visit college campuses. I will gladly return to this one. Not only was the experience great but the room was so affordable. I recommend this hotel for families and business travelers. Now when I travel for business I always look for the SpringHIll Suites brand.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for several nights and enjoyed our stay. It was clean, had a nice gym, and offered evening snacks/drinks. Overall, the staff was friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Describe the service you experienced
Tierence was very helpfull
Tell us how you liked the room
Room was clean
Talk about the location & amenities
This is a good location it is not to far from Duke Hospital
Say what you liked best & least
The people that work their
Wish you had and out side pool.

NJ
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed for biz and family. This hotel is conveniently located between Durham and Chapel Hill, Duke and UNC. Modern, very nicely designed rooms, comfortable, good design, nice work area.
Staff is friendly. even the breakfast quite good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business