“Excellent - Will Return”
Review of Dos Perros

Dos Perros
Reserve with OpenTable
Dos Perros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 785 Restaurants in Durham
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parrish
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Ate at Dos Perros for the first time last week and really enjoyed the food and ambience. The food was upscale, plentiful, and delicious. While they call themselves a "Mexican restaurant", I didn't feel as if it was so in the traditional sense - they don't serve burritos, refried beans, enchiladas, etc. I would say it's more a Latin American cuisine. It's also more expensive than traditional Mexican fare.

Overall, I thought it was a really positive experience, and I would return without question.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Best restaurant in Durham ! Dos Perros is an EXCELLENT restaurant!! They have a Great staff and wonderful food made with exotic quality ingredients -well worth the price. They cater to most diets. I checked others that posted their reviews and I saw the complaints about the drink prices. The cocktails are expensive but WORTH it. 2 Perros uses quality ingredients and good Tequila in their Margaritas unlike the "other Mexican restaurants' down the road that use cheap tequila and a battery acid tasting sour mix. I am so happy to see good restaurants in this sleepy town. Durham needs to wake up and catch up with real cities. Still on a Saturday night at 8p you can see the tumbleweeds going down the street and hear the crickets chirping. Durham has a lot of catching up to do with real cities. I would defiantly return to Dos Perros as well as recommend the place to my friends. I hope more restaurants follow suit and build downtown. My only complaint is the decor. The bar looked fun and the outdoor seating is in a nice area but the main dinning room was VERY bland, typical of this state.

Reviewed March 7, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed Dos Perros and were glad to find a good Mexican restaurant where every dish is not covered in cheese dip. I had the Mole Poblano, which was phenomenal, and he had the Carne Asada, which was also quite good. And the guacamole appetizer was very good and reasonably priced. The cocktails were tasty, but next time I think I'd take a pick off their fairly extensive beer list. We will definitely go back!

1  Thank Emily R
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Here's the note I sent to the folks at Dos Perros (http://dosperrosrestaurant.com/) the day after we ate their awesome Mexican food. my husband and I finally made it there Friday night (Jan. 8), after reading/hearing raves for months. As we were driving off, bellies full, I said to him, "Wow, that was not only a great dinner, but great service and overall wonderful experience. I need to tell them." So here goes. So many times, eating out is a mixed bag: Food was great, service sucked. Or v-v. But we loved it all. THANK YOU to everyone, from water fillers to server to hostess with mostess to chef/ower. We'll be back. Soon

Reviewed December 26, 2009

We went to dinner with three other local couples to check out the newest in downtown Durham and all came away very happy with the experience. Great food, great atmosphere and overall enjoyable. Nice bar scene as you walk-in. We sat downstairs which would also be a great location for a private function. The menu was more what i would say to be "latin american" than traditional "mexican". Very unique to Durham. Also excellent martinis and guacamole that will bring you back often. Two thumbs up!

1  Thank MikeC52