“Excellent Mexican food”
Review of Dos Perros

Dos Perros
Reserve with OpenTable
Dos Perros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parrish
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Menu was adventurous. Server was pleasant and attentive, but not overbearing. Passed the chips, salsa and margarita test with flying colors.

• Visited June 2011

atlanta
“Great dinner - make a reservation!”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were lucky to slide into a small table in the bar where the service was terrific! The homemade chorizo was absolutely incredible! I had the shrimp which tasted great, but would probably not be a big enough meal for a bigger eater. We were surprised that it was such upscale Mexican food, for relatively reasonable price. Enjoy!!

• Visited June 2011
Cedar Grove, North Carolina
“Great choice for something beyond the standard Mexican fare”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I happened to be downtown for several days at lunch time, and one day decided to give Dos Perros a try. I was immediately thrilled with the unique salsa's which were unlike any I have had before. I ordered two taco's a Carnita's and a Vegetales Mistos, which were remarkably filling and amazingly inexpensive for the quality. Both came with salsa's and garnishes that were tailored to their individual tastes. I will certainly make a return trip to order from the entree menu.

• Visited May 2011
Durham
“what a great experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

highly recommended, took my fiance and her mom for mother's day. Service excellent, food amazing, great atmosphere, will go there again again and again. I am a sucker for customer service, this people have it write, from the moment you step in till you go out, you are taking care off.

• Visited May 2011
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Well worth the price”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I ordered the hanger steak, and it was perfectly done and so tender I could cut it with my fork, and the tomatillo sauce was tasty. (FYI: when they say "spicy fries," they aren't kidding. The fries are pretty spicy.) My husband had the lamb carne asada and came away impressed. I'm not a big lamb fan, but I thought it was really good, though not as tasty as the steak.

We had the sweet potato empanadas as an appetizer, and they were good. Less sweet than one might expect. The salsa is interesting (it's not red!) but it's good as well.

For dessert, we had the tres leches cake, which was quite good.

This is on the pricey side, but it you're from out of town or looking for someplace for a special occasion, it's well worth it. It looked to be really busy, so make reservations.

• Visited April 2011

Been to Dos Perros? Share your experiences!