“Business meeting - rented board room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP

Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP
Ranked #20 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Business meeting - rented board room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had to cancel my overnight stay last minute because of weather and flight cancellations and Hotel Indigo was very helpful to cancel it with no penalty because of the issues with my travel. I still had my 3 hour meeting the next day at the hotel and it was well hosted. I was at first concerned it was in a boardroom on the second floor that looked like a guest room, but it worked out very well for my crowd of 10 attendees and was perfectly put together by the hotel staff. Great location, looks great, great parking, and easy to find.

Room Tip: If you only have 10 coming to a meeting, choose the board room. If you have more than 10 ask for th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jamitris D, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Stephan C,

Thank you for taking the time out to express your satisfaction with your recent meeting held at our hotel! We are delighted that you were pleased and look forward to hosting another meeting for you should the need arise!
Kindest Regards,
Barbara Smiechowski
Director of Sales
Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport @ RTP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Clean facilities, including gym and hot tub, and a very comfortable room. Good attention to detail from staff. One disappointment: other guests agreed that no matter the time of day, the water pressure and water temp of the showers was adequate, but not enjoyable. I appreciate the "green hotel" initiative of water conservation, but after a long day of travel and activity, sometimes you just want a strong, hot shower.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SueC09
Manteo, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We returned to the Indigo and found it to remain a perfectly rewarding experience. Everything was great. The bedding alone guarantees a pleasant night's sleep. When there is a Hotel Indigo where we travel - that is where we stay. Always a no hassle, enjoyable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PennsylCarolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Was put up here by a job search firm conducting interviews at the nearby Doubletree. Hotel has a Scandanavian minimalist theme. I'd like to meet the architect who thought bare wooden floors (without a single throw rug) in a multifloor hotel was a good idea. I was serenaded by high heels on the floor above well after midnight and again at 0 Dark Thirty. After check in, I was looking for a workout in the fitness room. Nicely equipped with state-of-the-art fitness machines--would have been nice if only one of the machines was in working order. Response at the desk: "oops, our bad--been meanin' to get 'em fixed." Then I settled in for a room service dinner. The menu was extremely limited and looked suspiciously like prepared food to be slipped into the microwave. I tried for delivery. No go--most of the restaurants that attempt to make it out that far deliver for lunch only. It was a choice of pizza chains or nothing. I will say that the hotel has a kind of quirky attraction that would make for an interesting overnight if you stay on the top floor, have your own car and know the area. It's also convenient to the airport. My room and incidentals were supposed to be direct billed to the firm conducting the interviews, but no record of that was found by the desk clerk, not that she tried very hard to look into the matter. That seemed pretty much in keeping with the slackness noted above. The best description of this place is that it is the "Day's Inn" of the business travelers crowd.

Room Tip: Accept nothing less than the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear NittanyHeel,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you have encountered during your stay. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We rolled the dice on a travel booking site with a gnome that has top secret deals. I was worried but unbelievably pleasantly surprised. I felt like I went to the spa for an evening of relaxation. Near the airport so it was quick and convenient, but never heard a sound. Clean and nicely furnished. Wish I could have stayed there longer. I will definitely be back next time I head to trade show in the fall. The staff was expecting me and had everything ready to go. Very attentive. Only issue was in the am guest above was wearing high heels and walking on the flooring clearly heard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had to make a trip down to Durham for a school reunion and settled on this hotel near the airport because I had an early flight in the morning. While it's not super close to either Durham or Raleigh, access to the highway is very good and it's easy to get around.

Check-in was smooth and the folks at the front desk were super helpful. My first room was on the 2nd floor, facing the front of the hotel, and as a result the view from the window was partially obstructed by the roof over the entrance. A quick stroll down to reception and the very pleasant receptionist moved me to a higher floor room facing the back. Perfect solution, and great service.

For the money, the room was outstanding. Everything looked perfectly new, the bed and pillows were very comfortable and the bathroom was simply amazing. It was even stocked with Aveda soaps and shampoos which is a nice touch. The one minor complaint was that the A/C was a bit noisy but since the weather was somewhat cool, I didn't need it at night. But, you might want to see if all of them are noisy or if mine just needed service.

As for the bar, it was fine. Got a late night snack after my event and it was okay. It won't win any awards but it hit the spot. Unfortunately, the bartender was a bit slow but since I wasn't in a rush, it didn't really bother me.

Net net, I won't hesitate to stay at this hotel again. It's clean, it's well run, has great rooms, and has a VERY affordable price. Couldn't be happier.

Room Tip: High floor facing the back is preferred.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at several different hotels in this area, and just happened to see Hotel Indigo during my last stay-- while at a nearby place. I decided to stay here after reading several reviews. Upon check-in, the room was not ready, but the young man at the front desk made us feel very welcome. He was very professional, yet friendly and respectful. (I was also introduced to the manager (Su) who also made us feel very welcome.)
He immediately made a couple of phone calls, and within minutes, we were on our way to the room. The room was LARGE, and the bathroom spotless. HUGE TV with so many channels to select from. We requested a fridge for the room, and it came shortly after we checked in. The beads were great. Overall, a nice change from the typical chain hotels. Next time I am in the area, I will stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family