I've stayed at this hotel a few times. The facilities and rooms are clean and updated and the rooms are quiet. There are two shortcomings as I see it:
1. The bed has small "throw pillows" instead of regular size pillows. If you turn over, you're off your pillow which gets a bit annoying. I'm guessing this is a "your mileage may vary" type situation, but I'm not really a fan of it.
2. The food is terrible. Considering the restaurant selection in the immediate area (fast food, mostly) you would hope that the hotel would have a better alternative. It doesn't. The food tries to be good, but I've had unpleasant results the last three times I ate there before I completely gave up. If you stick to a burger, however, you're probably fine. I know they got a new chef roughly mid-2012 and this review reflects that change. You really need to drive 20 minutes away to get something good (nearby "Mez" is so-so).
I'd say you're fine staying here if you want something up-to-date and close to your office, but plan on eating somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Indigo Durham Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina, is a place where you will enjoy every moment of your stay. Imagine a new branded boutique hotel designed to deliver guests a distinctive and engaging experience. Let us inspire you with our refreshing design and intimate service. 'Curl Up' and escape from the ordinary. Our 100% smoke-free hotel offers cozy, airy, and inviting guest rooms with oversized beds, plush bedding, hardwood-style flooring with area rugs, 42 HDTVs and spa-inspired shower. In public spaces, the scent, music, artwork, murals are changed to reflect the season. Our hotel is conveniently located near Raleigh Durham airport (RDU) for business travelers at RTP which is the heart of the Raleigh, Cary, and Durham metropolitan area with more than 170 companies. Our hotel offers free high speed Internet access, a business center, conference room, and boardroom. We provide a complimentary shuttle to/from RDU airport as well as local businesses. We are a short drive to many attractions including museums, RBC Center, Univ of North Carolina (UNC), Duke Univ, and NC State Univ (NCSU).At our boutique hotel, you can enjoy the heated indoor pool, whirlpool and Phitness Room. Satisfy your discriminating palate at Phi, an on-site casual restaurant and lounge serving fine cuisine. Starbucks coffee is also available at the restaurant. You will find Hotel Indigo Durham RTP simply unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.