New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP

Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Durham
Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
“Good stay with a few bumps along the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here for business. It's a bit pricey for personal travel and I found a perfectly nice hotel nearby for my personal stay days that was considerably less expensive. That said this is a very nice hotel although it was frustrating trying to print out my airline boarding passes as the printer would not work. Not much point in having a business center if you can't use the printer. Also when I had to stay an extra day due to flight cancellations of course my room key would not work and I had to return to the desk. My pillow top mattress was FABULOUS and my room service dinner was excellent and much appreciated as I fell ill and going out was not an option. I do question the hardwood floors - not very inviting if you have to make a bathroom run in the middle of the night! Also a bit difficult to find and hopefully you don't need to make a left onto the main drag because it's impossible from this location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Keith A, Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. We are under new management and it is important for us to know exactly what you, our guests experience. We have addressed the business center concerns and are focused and ensuring and exceptional stay for all our guests. I will certainly pass your comments on to our Chef regarding your meal experience. Let me know personally next time you are coming to town so i can ensure you get the best price possible. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wilsonville, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed it! When I walked into the room and saw the beautiful wall colors (with bright flowers on an accent wall) and classical music playing ... I knew it was going to be a good stay!

The bathroom is spacious and nice. The stand up shower was huge and they provided Aveda products. One thing that was odd was that I did not see any lotion. Normally, hotels will provide lotion, but maybe not this one? I had my own so it was not a big deal! I really loved the sink! It was a nice touch!

The restaurant was OK! I would have preferred having access to a free breakfast (like Springhill Suites), but its a higher caliber of hotel so I guess they assume if you can stay here, you can pay for breakfast! It wasn't too terribly expensive!

I also appreciated their shuttle! I used it both days of my stay (it is free) and had a great driver!

Overall, I was very happy with this hotel! Will recommend!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on higher floors!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jamitris D, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad to hear you loved our decor, my staff works very hard to keep our rooms looking new for every guest upon arrival. I'm sorry to hear your disconcerts about our restaurant we do try to keep our menu as accommodating as possible. As always, I do hope you come back to visit us in the near futer.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel Indigo in Durham. The room was amazing - clean, neat, and artfully decorated. The bathroom was very clean with nice amenities. The shower was so large it could have held 4 people at one time! The bed was also amazing - very, very comfortable, with plenty of extra pillows. Great large flat screen TV! The only thing better than the room was the staff! They were courteous and very helpful. The hotel amenities were nice, nice bar and small restaurant. Also had a business center and indoor pool that looked nice (although we did not use either). The room service meals looked amazing (we didn't eat room service though, we only save some being delivered to another room), and the menu pricing looked quite reasonable. Overall, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and certainly the best one at the price! We will be back and look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind review on our hotel from your recent visit. We take great pride in making sure all our guests have a memorable stay. As a staff we are very proud of the hotel and the service we provide to all our guests. next time you are in town try the restaurant, you wont be dissapointed. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but this hotel was very nice. From the parking lot, to the lobby to the room to the bed and shower. I family felt very secure and extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that from the moment you pulled up to the moment you left you came away with a pleasant experience. As for security and safety, it is our #1 priority. We look forward to having you back as our guest on your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The room made me feel as though I was in Miami! My only concern is, the shower floor in our room was very slick. If I made one wrong move I would have fell. Then there is a wood bench in the shower so if you fall you really will be hurt. Overall my stay was excellent and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay with us. Miami sound good right about this time of year, so if you can't get there you can get a little slice here at the Indigo in Durham. I appreciate the feedback on the shower floor. These are slip resistant and I will take your comments and look into the issue of your room to ensure saftey measures have been taken to correct this concern, We look forward to seeing you again.

Lynnwood, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The accommodations were very nice and reasonably priced. The staff both at the front desk and restaurant/bar were very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. The robes provided in the room was the most comfortable I have ever worn.

Room Tip: GPS had a hard time finding the place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and take great pride in our hotel and our ability to go above and beyond to ensure a GREAT experience. I look forward to meeting you personally next time you are in town

Baltimore USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Beautifully designed hotel, both inside and out, with great rooms, free computers and printing, helpful front desk staff, nice though small pool. The design makes a big difference to me.

My complaints are similar to others over the last two years, that the manager always claims will be addressed. the desk electic outlet did not work, so we tried to call the front desk. However the house phone did not work. We informed the front desk on our first night, but neither item was addressed during our two night stay.

On our first night we went down for dinner at 7.30 and ordered soup. The server told us they had been out of soup for two days, "because it was so popular". A rum and coke? Only spiced rum. A glass of white wine? Most of the wines on the list are no longer available. A salad to go? We looked in theglass To Go cabinet, and all the salads were dated as "fresh Until" two days before! They looked it too. Breakfast the next morning: Waffles? "The machine is broke" Eggs and bacon? Out of eggs! Cereal, then? Only Lucky Charms and Coco Pops. The servers were trying hard but poorly trained and having to deal with many unhappy customers. When we left, nobody enquired about our stay, or I would have told them.

My recommendation: stay here if you get a good deal (ours was $88 a night), you enjoy swimming, like bright cheerful colors and are prepared to eat all your meals elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear The_Flying_Chef,

Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a review. It is delightful to know that you found the layout of our hotel and front desk staff service commendable. However, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our restaurant. I assure you the feedback of our property will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you again for your review.

Pam G.