“Super comfortable and spa like”

Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Like everyone else said on this website, this was a great, unique hotel. The environment was fresh, clean and comfortable. The rooms look EXACTLY as they appear in the promo photos. That never happens! Best parts were the bed (even more comfortable than my bed at home) and the spa shower. So much room! Two other pleasant surprises: it didn't smell like "hotel" and the room service menu was varied and...reasonably priced! Coffee and fresh toast for $11. The only con...and this is my fault for really wanting to stay here is that it is a bit far if most of your time will be spent in Durham/ Chapel Hill- about 11 miles. Not terrible, just noting that it is further out and therefore there are fewer ammenties in the immediate vicinity aside from gas stations and fast food. It is literally 5 minutes from the airport and VERY convenient to all the business park companies in the Triangle.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the top floor...with hardwoods, you can hear above you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
HotelIndigoRDU, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for your awesome review! I love hearing these great things about our rooms- our rooms really are as spacious and colorful as they appear in the pictures! :)
We are a bit of a drive from Durham and Chapel Hill (about 20 minutes or so). We are able to shuttle our guests within a 5 mile radius, but unfortunately Durham and Chapel Hill are a bit outside of that radius. We would love to be able to help our guests out in that respect. If only gas prices would go down!!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Rooms are spacious with nice flatscreen TV. The showers are complete walk in with a teak stool and plenty of room to take a shower. I love this hotel. The restaurant needs some work though. Food is pretty much thaw and eat for 4 star hotel prices. Beer is always cold though.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Jsjones331

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are in a constant state of growth and change, and our restaurant is, too. We will soon be updating our menu and we think you'll be happy with the changes! Please check back with us soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is our first time staying in a Hotel Indigo (part of the ICH Hotel chain) and we loved it. The decor is modern, minimalistic, appealing, and attractive. Our room was spacious, our bathroom was beautiful, and the customer service was excellent. The only complaint we had was having to pay $10 a night for a fridge to store our baby's milk in. (This is normally something that is included at the other two hotels we frequent). Other than that, we really loved the hotel. We will stay here again on our next trip to Durham.

Room Tip: High rooms on end hall
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words! Our staff loves to see compliments on their service (and I do too!), so thank you for putting smiles on their faces. :)
We apologize for the issues that you had regarding the lack of refrigerators in our rooms. We appreciate your criticisms and we are working towards resolving this very soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to Oak Island, NC. We were amazed at the size of the room. It was the size of 2 to 3 normal size hotel rooms. We loved the fact that the floors had the laminate flooring. No nasty carpet to deal with. The bathroom was great with a very large shower. The beds were extremely comfortable. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. We could easily spend a week here. We didn't want to leave the room! By far the best place we have ever stayed in the Raleigh/Durham area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here. Please see us again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I think the Hotel Indigo is my new favorite brand! Way to go, IHG! I was in town for a friends' birthday and liked what I saw on the reviews, plus the AAA price was right (and they even checked for AAA card, what a rarity). You get a special fortune cookie with a personalized fortune in terms of getting a free drink at the bar or Priority Club points. I got a free soft drink and suspect many are like that, but it was still a nice, creative marketing approach.

The lobby and restaurant area is inviting, and the staff went above and beyond to make sure the pool/whirlpool area was well lighted and at the right temperature for my friends and I to enjoy. The bar staff gave us plastic cups to take into the pool area, what a treat to relax with some wine in the whirlpool after a long week.

I loved the rooms too - I loved not having carpet, and my room seemed huge, with a couch in a little nook around the corner. The hallway color scheme was inviting, in fact the use of color throughout was very pleasant - it gets old to look at boring hotel colors like muted browns and greens. One of my walls in my room was bright green (to simulate a leaf) with a ladybug. The rooms were also quiet - I could hear someone walking above me one night but it wasn't bad.

The beds are comfortable - surprised they were a bit higher up from the ground, which is no problem for me being tall, but wondered about shorter guests/kids. I guess this is more of a business hotel, so they know their clientele. Loved the bathroom, especially the shower and the Aveda products. The bathroom sink was a slow drainer which is always a pet peeve for me - just don't turn the water on at a high volume. I did not eat in the bar/restaurant. Next time I'm in town I might stay there again instead of with friends!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

It's these kinds of reviews that just really make my day! I'm very happy with our unique look and feel- but more importantly, our wonderful staff. I'm so glad you got a chance to relax during your time here! Please know that we are still working on ironing out some of the kinks, so we really do appreciate your comments and we are now turning attention to our sinks.

Thanks again for your great review! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. The rooms were roomy, bathroom was spacious, and everything was perfectly clean. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Walking into the Hotel Indigo is like walking into a day spa - the first impression is FRESH, followed right away by clean and calm. The walls are painted soft blues and greens, and the air smells just a bit like oranges. The lobby is lovely, and the rooms are even better (hardwood floors! teak bench in the roomy shower! big fluffy mattresses? And wait - didn't cost an arm and a leg?)
But a great interior decorator doesn't make a great hotel. Service does. We had the pleasure of being welcomed by the hotel's AGM, whose name I believe is Mallory. She was warm, informative about the area, and professional. She was great at check in, and later when I had some trouble with the business center printer, she graciously let me print to her office printer, which was very convenient. As we were leaving, we ran into one of the housekeepers, who made a point of asking us about our stay.
We really enjoyed our stay. The combination of great service, beautiful accomodations, and budget-friendliness will definitely make this our first choice next time we're in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for writing this fantastic review! We really do appreciate it. I've passed this on to Mallory and housekeeping and they wanted me to express their most sincere thanks. We hope to see you again soon! :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Marriott at Research Triangle Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
The Umstead Hotel and Spa

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!