“A hip, stylish oasis”

Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Fairfax, Virginia
“A hip, stylish oasis”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

A coworker and I stayed here while attending a conference, and we loved it! It has a very cool exterior, and the lobby and restaurant area are also very stylish. The room was fantastic -- spotlessly clean hardwood floors, luxurious beds, groovy decor. And the bathroom, replete with Aveda products, was like a mini-spa -- spacious, with a rainshower shower head, and tons of counter space. Small but well-appointed gym, super-friendly staff, and the food at the restaurant is healthy and tasty, too. It's like a Kimpton room with a Westin bathroom -- all for under $100 (!!). I was really impressed. It's also a quick drive to Raleigh, Durham, or Chapel Hill, so this is a great place to stay if you're visiting the Research Triangle. Highly recommend!!

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
HotelIndigoRDU, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We love our little oasis (and our Aveda products) too! We hope you come back to see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Holiday Inn Corp has really gotten savvy over the last 5 years and the Indigo chain is proof of this. This hotel has everything you need at a great price. Rooms are wonderful, hardwood floors, large flat screen TVs, hip hotel. The Indigo chain provides consistent excellence. What to go Holiday Inn!

• Stayed April 2011
Thanks for your review! We really appreciate it. If your travels take you back to the Raleigh-Durham area, be sure to come see us again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I was really impressed with this place. I love the wood floors in the room so I didn't worry about the typical nasty hotel carpet. The light colors you can't help but to feel refreshed! Next Not a whole lot of things close to do but I needed rest. Plus I got extra points on my priority club. Awesome staff. My only issue was the heater was loud but I will be back. Close to the Airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Go INDIGO! I am local (I live in the area) and needed a place to stay for a night or 2. There are many hotels in this area, but I wanted to try out Hotel Indigo, because it's newer, I've never stayed at one, and the building itself looks really cool. What a great choice! The decor is "fresh" and modern-- the room is more like an apartment than a hotel. Great colors and decor. The bed was very comfortable. The floors are hardwood, the tv was huge, the attention to detail is amazing! Even their shampoos and soaps are by Aveda. The shower is spa-like. This is not your average room. Great color schemes, architectural design is well thought out, there are blackout curtains for peaceful sleeping, it's in a safe convenient area (right in b/w Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill & near I-40), and it's very clean. All of this for a very reasonable price. The lobby is even comfy and cool. The very best part is PATTI. I can't even describe how wonderful she is and was. Her customer service went beyond exceptional. As I said before, I live in the area, and out of all the hotels I see here everyday, I think this is one of, if not, the very BEST. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review! We love Patti too- she is such a blessing to all of us. I'm so glad you had a chance to experience our hotel and our wonderful staff!
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I enjoyed staying at Hotel Indigo in London which made my decision to stay at this location easier. This hotel is a welcome change to the aging hotels within the area (helps that this hotel is a little over a year old). My room was nicely sized with wood floors throughout (probably laminate). I prefer these noticeably clean floors from carpet which tends to look dirty. My room was uniquely decorated with bright colors and an interesting floral mural. It was refreshing take on a typical hotel room. There is plenty of room to house the king-size bed, desk, flat screen TV, chair / ottoman combo and a little hallway with a table for those room service deliveries or the in-room coffee brewer. The bed was super comfortable - great for sleeping or working on your laptop. I would like to also mention that there were plenty of channels to watch on TV, including HBO. So many hotels provide only the basic channels and charge you for movies. Bathroom was more than adequate, with an oversized shower stall and fabulous Aveda products. The hotel does have a bar/restaurant on the premises. I ordered room service from the restaurant menu and thought the food was very good although it did take 45 minutes to arrive. The hotel has a heated pool and an exercise room equipped with a few pieces of cardio equipment and weights; more than enough to keep the routine going while away from home. I did not have an issue with availability of equipment. Parking is complimentary as is the internet access (Wi-Fi available). I also enjoyed having the brewed Starbucks in the lobby. This hotel is centrally located to the major highways (I-40 / 54) for when you want to roam around the area and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from close by.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I have stayed here a few times while traveling on business. I love the modern decor, the rooms are roomy and comfortable, LOVE the bath products, entire hotel in very clean. The only thing that needs improvement is the restaurant -- which often appears to be understaffed in the morning. Long wait for food and of course this is when everyone is in a hurry to get to meetings, etc.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This was our second stay for a weekend getaway. The hotel is located in a quite location just off the interstate. We love this place as a quick getaway. It is close to Southpoint Mall and it has a wonderful feel..upbeat and modern. The cafe has a wonderful yogart parfait for breakfast and has great little pizza's for a snack or small lunch.. we did not have a salad but they looked really good and healthy. Very laid back atmosphere, rooms were extremely clean and beds were awesome.. we only left to go eat out once the whole weekend..small pool and spa..my only complaint was that there was too much chlorine in the spa..bar makes some nice drinks also..we will be back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple