“Second busiest PAC in the world!”

DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Durham
More attraction details
Owner description: This venue opened in 2009.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Saw Emmylou Harris here and the whole experience was a good one. The lobby is a great gathering place, being all glass. There is plenty of free or really cheap parking nearby and there is something happening here practically every night of the week all year long.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)
All reviews
"during intermission"
in 19 reviews
"cup holders"
in 14 reviews
"great place to see a show"
in 13 reviews
in 20 reviews
"first rate"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was a great set up. Live Music & DJ prior to the show complete with a dance floor capped off a great date night. In very close proximity to neat restaurants for pre show or after show dining. Great parking.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

DPAC is the best theater I've ever been to. Not a bad seat in the entire place. Big seats, great staff and reasonable pricing.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first season joining DPAC as a season ticket subscriber. I believe their 5th Broadway Season thus far at DPAC since their initial launch in Durham. Season 5 has just concluded. All the seats are comfortable (I'm a husky guy), and the staff make every effort to accommodate you. All views are good to great - but sometimes fate will have it a tall person will sit in front of you. DPAC can not help that. Parking is complimentary with season packages, and for those challenged by walking from a distant garage, the venue has a golf cart shuttle coming by very frequently. In addition, DPAC makes every effort to make the theatre experience an event, and cater to your every need. They are sensitive to your feedback, (really sensitive) and welcome it. But, while constructive feedback is well received, do remember a pat on the back and a "good job" is encouraging as well. They will not know of a problem or positive experience, if you do not tell them.
My friend and I take full advantage of managing our tickets; meaning, for different shows and our personal busy schedule - we have switched days during the season, negotiated better seats at times, switched a show from day to evening, and evening to day. Some ticket holders will call every day so I am told. I have been determined at times, but none of the customer service representatives have seemed bored or tired of me. Sometimes, because of restrictions, and fanfare for a particular show, we didn't get "everything" we wanted. But, we did ALWAYS get the seat we subscribed to, and the time. You are guaranteed that, and what you buy into.
We decided to subscribe to another season, but this time - for us - we wanted to invest in a higher level experience - The President's Club. I'll be back next year to tell you what I think of that experience and our investment. We're excited, and reaping some of the benefits already!
Regardless, look at investing as a season subscriber. THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU and your budget in every way possible, and will give you many choices to choose from. We started with "Best of Broadway" for season 5, center orchestra section 3 at the back. Just wanted to see how we would do - and as mentioned, we played around with their invitation to "manage our tickets", and it was great.
This year I'm leaving it up to the ticket concierge for the President's Club to do all my work, and I'm jumping out of the car and walking 50 steps into the building.
DPAC Team - thank you for a great season! See you again soon. (Billy & Mary)