“Wonderful venue”

DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center
Ranked #2 of 81 things to do in Durham
More attraction details
Owner description: This venue opened in 2009.
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at the DPAC, and I was impressed by the friendliness of all the staff and the cleanliness of the facility. We went for the Broadway musical Mary Poppins and had excellent seats up front in the orchestra, but looking around I honestly don't think there are any bad seats (maybe just very far outside right and left).
Food and drinks were a little pricey, as at all theaters.
A very nice touch was the photographer taking photos for free, you simply download them off their website.
I look forward to my next visit!

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thanks for letting us know about this first visit. We spend a lot of time on what we like to call 'DPAC's Legendary Red Carpet Customer Service' and I appreciate you sharing your review with TripAdvisor. We too look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

great acoustics. Excellent staff, super clean, nice place...tickets too pricey. Great musicians, lovely ambiance, but beverages & tickets just too $$$.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just moved to NC and heard of DPAC. Saw the Isley Brothers show which was phenomenal. We were in next to last row on main floor and felt like a small intimate setting...Stage was easy to see, big screens are nice to let you feel closer.....Was surprised to see people bringing drinks into the theater. What a great treat that you don't have to stand in lobby and gulp drink before returning to your seat. Parking was easy and well guided. It's a short walk from parking structure to doors. Beautiful setting and very clean bathrooms and well maintained facility. We will be back....future lineup has broad spectrum of entertainment, comedians, concerts etc...If we could afford it, we'd go at least once a month.

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

This is one of the best and most helpful reviews I have seen recently. Many thanks for taking the time to post these details about your visit. For TripAdvisor readers, nothing can beat being able to read comments from another guest sharing their personal experience in their own words.

Keep the feedback coming...thanks again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

By world standards, I don't know how it ranks; but for Durham, NC it is a beautiful new addition bringing traveling shows to a newly thriving downtown. From traveling Broadway shows to smaller-venue concerts, it is an elegant evening on the town before and after enjoying the new trendy bars and restaurants in the area.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The DPAC venue is first rate and still feels brand new. Very clean with ample helpful staff. Stage and theater have been designed to host all types of performances, from Broadway shows to stand-up comics to musician performances. The acoustics are fantastic and all seats are good. Nice selection of food and drink available but several good restaurants are within walking distance at the American Tobacco Historic District. DPAC has been very successful with attracting nationally known acts including that typically only visit larger cities. I also like the variety of performances including shows appropriate for children.

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Wow! You are so kind to share this nice feedback about DPAC. When we opened in 2008 we set some lofty goals of hosting not only the biggest shows, but also presenting them with the highest quality guest experience in the region. Based on your review we are hitting those marks. At the same time though, we do not plan to rest on our laurels. Every day my staff and I are hard at work looking for new superstars and new hit shows to present plus always thinking about how to make our guest experience even better.

I hope you can attend another show soon and please keep the feedback coming!