“Best venue in the Triangle”

DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Durham
More attraction details
Owner description: This venue opened in 2009.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Shows, staff, sight lines, audio, all excellent. Have subscribed to the Broadway Series since the first year and have gone to other entertainment acts/shows as well. We had enjoyed Raleigh Memorial for seven years but DPAC took it to another level and it is more convenient for us. We love it.
Last visit was for Jersey Boys but we have been going since it opened.

Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to share this nice feedback. Our staff thrives on hearing from our guests and we're so glad DPAC has become your favorite place for Broadway entertainment.

Bob Klaus
GM - DPAC

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)
All reviews
"during intermission"
in 19 reviews
"cup holders"
in 14 reviews
"great place to see a show"
in 13 reviews
in 20 reviews
"first rate"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed October 26, 2012

DPAC offers a wide variety of plays...all very good. I've been their three times and have never been disappointed. The seats are very comfortable. Parking is not a problem.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Durham has been moving on up in the culture department. DPAC offers a wide array of shows for your viewing pleasure. Lots of really cool off Broadway shows, comedies, etc.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was my 1st time attending an event at DPAC and would not hesitate to go back. Since you enter from the back, we got a feel for all the orchestra seats and my 1st comment was there wasn't a bad seat in the house. The staff was courteous, helpful and smiling. I say smiling because more often than not when you attend a large event you hear "NEXT!" You're put thru like cattle being corralled. They were very organized, even to where an email was sent prior to give names of nearby places to eat, walk vs drive.
Prior to attending the event we had a situation occur with Ticketmaster that could not be resolved for 2 days. Ticketmaster wears blinders most the time!!! I placed 1 phone call to DPAC, left a message to who I was directed to, and within 10 minutes I received a call back. It was resolved within 2 minutes. I was assured I would have a pleasant evening.
I did.....