“Worst Motel 6 I've stayed at”
Review of Motel 6 Durham

Motel 6 Durham
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was hoping because Motel 6 bought this property it would've been revamped. I've stayed at many of the renovated Motel 6s and they were all clean. This hotel appears to have had zero work done on it after Motel 6 bought it. When my friend and I checked in, the manager asked us if we wanted second or first floor. We said second. He said "I think the first floor is better for you" and booked us on the first floor. Why? It's a mystery! The wall sconces were falling off the wall, the chair and ottoman had stains, and the bed cover had cigarette burns. The deadbolt wasn't aligned with the hole in the door frame and my friend had to use all of his strength to push the door up so he could lock the door. I'm pretty low maintenance and I'm used to staying at cheap hotels but this one was even grossing me out. The hotel is not in a terribly nice area and I was a bit worried about my new car staying in the parking lot overnight. I was so upset I sent Motel 6 an email about it and got a voucher for a free stay at a different Motel 6.... that is, if i want to stay at another Motel 6 after this!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank eskimo122
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Durham

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed there only for 4 hrs and escaped to Hilton. The owner is a lier. Room was dirty, I slept with my clothes on. Toilet wasn't working with urine in the bowl. Towels were grey in color. Everything was disgusting and I was afraid to touch it. This place is disgusting and should be closed down.I wouldn't bring my dog to stay there.
STAY AWAY!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank S T
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The first room we were given had mold and separating plaster on the ceiling. Uncapped wires were coming out of the wall where the smoke detector and one bedside sconce light were supposed to be. There were no shades on any of the lights. And, the phone didn't work. The second room wasn't much better. The heater made A LOT of noise when it came on. The TV reception was terrible. There were dried blood stains on the sheets. (NOTE: After getting home, I found I had numerous bites. I was told by my Dr. that they were possibly bed bug bites which could explain the blood stains.) There were spider webs with spiders in all but one ceiling corner. There were silver fish in the tub, along with mold on all the tub caulking. The soap dish was broken off the wall and the area was covered with plastic. Water shot out the sides of the shower faucet and the shower head. One of the lamp shades was melted to the light bulb. There was a large gap under the room door. Breakfast was minimal and guests were told they could not take food out of the eating area to their rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank P H
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed for one night only thank God. Room was filthy and had a foul odor to it. The tv remote was missing the smoke detector dismantled and the comforter reeked of the last occupants and was not fresh. Also had to have the fridge swapped out as it was filthy and did not cool. When I complained to the older man who runs it and claimed to have given me A "good" room!!! Ha!! Jokes on anyone desperate enough to stay here. This place is so much of dump that I took a burdbath rather than risking what could jump out of the hole in the bathroom wall!!!! Ridiculous!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank HotelHater11
Reviewed July 10, 2011

There was a mouse in my room. Let frnt dsk knw and it took 4ever for them to show up. The man swept around the bed and sad NO MICES. The days inn next door has a pool that i was told we could use but when we got to it we were told to turn around. Horrble people here

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank pretti_far
Reviewed November 22, 2009

BED BUGS! Research to understand what problems they create. This motel offered no refunds & continued to check people in to room after it was reported! Especially if you have pets and/or children & babies. The place is a dump and should be condemned. They don't even do general cleaning - smoking in ns rms, dirty bathtub with water/hair in it ("clean room") and lights burned out.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business