Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown
$96
$79
$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$104
$60
All reviewsfire pitduke universitycourtyard marriottnice courtyardroom was cleanfront desk staffovernight stayminute drivefree shuttleoutdoor poolnice breakfastlobby areanice staybusiness tripconvenient locationshuttle servicechapel hill
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here while my son was in the hospital. Clean comfy rooms with big beds. Was very quiet considering duke was playing Clemson. The best part of the stay was the Italian resultant within walking distance. Very easy to find considering I am not too familiar with Durham. Staff very nice and helpful. Will stay here again for our next trip to duke.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can't say anything negative about this place. I experienced all the elements of a great stay. Parking is free and the exterior/interior is well maintained. They have a friendly well trained staff that genuinely seemed to want to please you. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Plus the hotel has a few nice extras like the bistro lounge in the lobby plus the fire pit gathering area near the pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've stayed here three times now, and have had very positive experiences each time. First trip involved a 12pm check-in, and the man at the front desk offered to heat up some food for me. Second trip involved a room change and the staff handled it quickly and effortlessly. WONDERFUL!! and I Never find myself thinking "well that's what I get for choosing a less expensive hotel"

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Spent one night here. Room was clean, comfortable, and above all QUIET--absolute musts for me. But what impressed me the most is that the staff was so helpful and accommodating. The front desk clerk and the kitchen people tried hard to make us comfortable and content in every regard. I love that. I didn't expect to see Starbucks in the lobby like the bigger Marriotts, but there it was. Everything we ordered ahead online for our room had been delivered before we arrived. The hotel is near a major freeway, which makes getaway in the morning quick and easy--but you don't hear the freeway, which makes nighttime nice and snoozy. Also, though we didn't try it (because we wanted Mexican): in the same parking lot is Meelo's Italian restaurant. As of this writing, it's Tripadvisor's #3 restaurant in all of Durham. So you have good eats and good sleep within walking distance. Nice. Free parking too--oh yes, free WiFi throughout the entire hotel, not just the lobby.

Room Tip: Highest floor is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nice hotel, courteous staff. Real southern hospitality!
Stopped here overnight in route to the Democratic National Convention 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina for the week for a 'Girlfriend Trip'. The staff was very kind when our rooms had to be changed from king beds to double beds. Provided us with places where we could get a bite to eat since we arrived late in the evening. I Recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends