Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
$129
$60
$89
$94
All reviewsfire pitduke universitycourtyard marriottnice courtyardroom was cleanfront desk staffminute drivenice breakfastoutdoor poollobby areaupon checknice staybusiness tripconvenient locationshuttle servicewalgreenshighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip. I wanted a hotel that was clean, convenient, and inexpensive. The Courtyard fit all of those needs and more. Room was clean, hotel has plenty of amenities including a free business center, and wireless in the room was free. Got the room for about $130, which was a reasonable price given the quality of the hotel, and much cheaper than other options in the area. Staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Only complaint is that staff provided conflicting information on transportation options. The first time I called, they told me I could get a taxi from the airport for $50 or a "black car" for more than that. They also told me the only way to get to the Duke campus was to hire a taxi, which would run about $10. The next time I called, they told me I could get a Super Shuttle from the airport, which would cost about $20, and that the only way to get to the Duke campus from the hotel was--again--to hire a taxi. When I got to the hotel (I took SuperShuttle, the cheapest of the 3 options), I found out that it had a free shuttle to Duke and that I would not have to take a taxi to the campus.

Overall, though, a very good experience and a very good hotel. I'll stay here again when in Durham.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2011

When we have to visit Duke hospital (way too often) we always stay at subject Marriot. The new manager, Tracy Polo and Sebastion (been there a while) always treat us like we are family. Their professional management and problem solving is always superb. Besides being conveniently located, this Courtyard is a great place to stay. The b'fast is great and the server is always a pleasure to work with. He always seems to know what we need.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My son participated in a baseball tournament in Durham, NC and his coach researched hotels and got a special rate for our team. I was skeptical that we would really be able to call and they would have all the information and honor the rate given the coach. Every team member's family was given the same rate and it was much lower than the advertised rate. The staff was so nice and patient with the boys. This was our first tournament and the Courtyard made it a really good experience. We look forward to next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Baysocks
tjrog084, Director of Sales at Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Thank you very much for your great review! The staff really enjoyed having the team there over that weekend. I'm happy you enjoyed Durham and our hotel and certainly look forward to having you again in the future. Hope you enjoy the reaminder of your summer!

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Convenient location to Duke Medical Center with reasonable rates. The staff is very accommodating. The only choice for my family.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I was required to visit Duke University, in June, for a business meeting. This hotel was so close and convenient. The staff was very friendly and personable. I travel fairly often for business and have stayed in many hotels. This hotel was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. My room was in immaculate condition when I checked in, and the public areas were also kept spotless. The great outdoor pool was an added bonus. I will, without hesitation, choose this hotel on return trips to Durham.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business