“Great Hotel - Great Location!”

Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I was required to visit Duke University, in June, for a business meeting. This hotel was so close and convenient. The staff was very friendly and personable. I travel fairly often for business and have stayed in many hotels. This hotel was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. My room was in immaculate condition when I checked in, and the public areas were also kept spotless. The great outdoor pool was an added bonus. I will, without hesitation, choose this hotel on return trips to Durham.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hotel rooms were clean and adequate. Service friendly and satisfactory.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We were with a group of 22 from Virginia. The check-in and check-out were easy. Great breakfast with a staff that even set the table and picked up. The location was right next to a small mall which had 3 or 4 restaurants. We had easy access to the main highway, but didn't have noise. The rooms were clean and well furnished. We enjoyed the courtyard outside and the meeting areas in the lobby to congregate.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pamc25
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stayed here for a week in May. The hotel is in great shape, the grounds and rooms exceptionally clean and very well kept. Enjoyed the peacefulness of the courtyard pool and garden area. Great place to have coffee in the am. I was impressed with the entire staff, their friendliness and professional attitudes. It is easy to see they enjoy where they work and what they do. Speaks for a great management! Will definitely stay again when I return to Durham. Also, location makes for easy access to everything.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank geo1217
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My family and I traveled to Durham to attend my nephew's graduation ceremony from Duke University. We made our reservations more than 10 months ago and called prior to arrival just to confirm our rooms. We spoke with a young man at the front desk who reviewed the details of our rooms just as we had booked them so long ago and offered to get our rooms close together.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the General Manager and another manager offering a welcome buffet of sorts with a wide variety of food, beer and wine. What a pleasant surprise! This was completely unexpected. Honestly we were a bit cranky walking into the hotel, but the smiles and the wine made us relax instantly.

This is true southern hospitality and I am so glad we chose the Courtyard. Thanks to all for an incredible weekend. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Most of my travel is work related and having a good internet connection is critical. The Durham hotel, while clean and otherwise acceptable, doesn't provide the most crucial service I need. They also don't provide an ethernet based connection to bypass the poor wireless service.
My room was on the 3rd floor and the people in the room above made a tremendous amount of noise just walking around the room. The staff moved me to another room with no problem.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dowatchagotado
Reviewed April 22, 2011

This hotel is weathered and is next to a busy loud highway. Very short drive to Duke University.
There is a dead bug behind the glass in the bathroom picture in room 414. Restaurant was out of bisquits but makes a great omelet.
Two very good dinner restaurants 50 yds away.
This was my third courtyard in 3 days and I was disappointed since I had very good experiences in the prior two (Clemson SC and Blacksburg VA).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SlinkDog
Travelers also viewed these Durham hotels
CAMBRiA hotel & suites Durham - Near Duke University
Hilton Durham near Duke University
Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Holiday Inn Express Durham
3 mi away
Durham Marriott City Center

Been to Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown

Address: 1815 Front St, Durham, NC 27705-2512
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Price Range: $101 - $217 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Durham Duke University/Downtown Hotel Durham