Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
Ranked #53 of 71 Hotels in Durham
New Jersey
“Roach Hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2006

The room was FILTHY.. I mean hair (little curly ones) on the bathroom floor.. smut on the toilet bowl....and I considered wearing my flipflops in the shower. Being that this is an extended stay hotel, there is a kitchen in the room and it was soo disgusting my skin was literally crawling. My fun began with me killing a roach that was crawling up the wall.. and then the toilet wouldnt flush and "coincidentally" they have a plunger in the cabinet under the bathroom sink.. AFTER 20 attempts of flushing I decided to suck it up and use the plunger.. I move the plunger and another roach went running super quick into a crack in the cabinet. I tried to go to bed around 12:15 AM but I couldn't sleep.. ALL of my bags were zippered shut.. I was not taking home any roaches nor any roach eggs.. I decided for peace of mind to turn on the lights and take one more glance around the room to see if there were any additional critters... To my delight (sense the sarcasm?) there was another roach on the kitchen wall and one on the bathroom wall.. iIkilled them both.. and then looked under the bathroom sink again and that same one was still in there.
Basically I was killing roaches until 1:00 AM and then decided I could not stay at the hotel.. sooo i packed up my stuff at and walked across the highway to check into a different hotel. There were no other reviews for this hotel, so I had nothing to base my stay on. Hopefully this may give you some forsight into what a stay may be like there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't book here
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank misschristinec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Travelers also viewed these Durham hotels
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park
Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55

Property: Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
Address: 4515 North Carolina Hwy 55, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #53 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.