Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had a rocky start as the toilet draining all night and the heater did not automatically turn on. However, once I mentioned the issues they were resolved immediately. The staff was great. I wish we would have had an oven but we made it work with only a stove.

I was with my 6 year old, so safety was a major concern. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone who is looking to spend as little as possible while not sacrificing safety or cleanliness.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Lori - I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our property, and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the responsiveness of our staff. While I am sorry that there was an issue with the toilet and heater in your room upon arrival, I am very glad that our team was able to remedy the issues in a timely manner. As well, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your sincere comments, and I hope we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and the room was clean, spacious and the staff was friendly. I was told at check in that if I was not happy with my room to call the front desk and they will take care of the problem. Great customer service! The bathroom did not have a hair dryer but I brought my own. The room came with a small kitchen which is great if you spend more than one night. The bed and matress was very comfortable. There were some cigarette butts on the stairs and in front of the doors but you will find those almost anywere since some people that do smoke are inconsiderate and litter the butts. I would def. recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a cheaper hotel in town. Thank you for making my stay a comfortable one.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room if you do not smoke.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback on the experience you had while staying at the Extended Stay America RTP in Durham, NC. We are pleased to read that you found your suite to be clean and comfortable. Our staff strives to provide a great experience for all guests and we are pleased we achieved this goal during your stay. Also, I am glad that you found our full kitchens to be an added value. Responses like yours shows our team that their hard work is paying off and that our guests appreciate great service. We will use your feedback to continue making this property an outstanding value for our guests.

Thanks again for your business, and we hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We made our reservation at the 4515 Hwy. 55 location and informed them we would not be arriving until after 12am. We arrived at 1:15am only to find the doors locked and NO ONE there ANYWHERE at the front desk! They provided an emergency phone outside for "emergency assistance", only to find that NO ONE picked that up either! We contacted corporate, since we booked via Hotwire and were told that all they could do would be to refund us and to find another hotel for the night! Unbelievable! Needless to say, we just traveled 10 hours from Pennsylvania to here in Durham, NC only to have to find another place to stay at now 2AM! Well, thank God that the Red Roof Inn had a room to accommodate us.....at least they care about people enough to have someone there at the FRONTDESK!

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank jbl5428
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

I would like to once again express my sincerest apologies for what you experienced at our hotel upon arrival for your reservation. It is our goal to make sure all of our guest’s experience a "problem free" stay with us. We had an issue with our phone lines the night in question and had the issue fixed immediately the next morning. I take full responsibility as the property manager for this incident, and I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and not a reflection of how we take care of our guests. We hoped that the refund from Hotwire and the free night stay certificate would help in remedying the inconvenience. I understand that this does not take back your experience, but I felt that it was the least we could do to make it right.

We appreciate your business, and hopefully you will give our company another chance.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

THE staff was very helpful. Quincyhas an exceptional attitude. kelly is very friendly and helpful. Mr. Marco is extreamly professional as a manager.The cleaning staff is very helpful and do an incredable job. The only thing i can see they need is a dishwasher in the rooms. the people at this hotel are very nice and the staff is wonderful. Thank you very much for such a exceptional stay! me and my family would recamend this property to anyone. We have been here for 2 months.

Room Tip: Rooms by the office are the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bcmartinx1420
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us here at the Extended Stay America RTP. Making our guests feel at home is our number one priority, and hearing that we accomplished that mission for you and your family makes my staff and I extremely happy. We are also delighted that you have extended your stay with us, and plan to stay with us into the New Year. As you know, we are making a lot of exciting changes to better accommodate our guests, so there is more to look forward to in the near future.

Thanks again for your sincere comments, and please let me know if there is anything else my staff and I can do to continue to make your stay with us enjoyable.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had put the wrong address in the GPS and had to call to get directions. The night clerk was very helpful in getting us there and when she checked us in, she gave us the room we asked for on ground floor. She also told us about the breakfast and linens, ect. When we got to the room, it was clean with really nice white linens. Bed was comfortable, flat screen tv. The maid came by in the morning at a reasonable hour and asked if we needed anything. We had no noise issues, no suspicious people wandering around and felt safe there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vmarshallNc
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

I am extremely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your comments are most sincere, and I will be sure to share them with my staff. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience to each and every guest that stays with us, and comments such as yours is what keeps us motivated each day.

It would be a honor to be of service to you again in the future if you are here in the area. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is the best value I have ever had. The staff are awesome! Room was clean ... it looked like a model. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it. I forgot my toothbrush but they gave me one with toothpaste too. The breakfast items were high quality. The staff always greeted me with a smile. (Marco made me feel like family!). I wish it was summer so I could use the pool. The TV selection was better than I expected. Wi-Fi was free and fast. My unit had a full-size fridge, microwave, and kitchen area.(The free popcorn hit the spot) There was a well-lit work area with outlets nearby.

Room Tip: Nothing bad to say about this place!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Schmidt007

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It was a pleasure speaking with you personally when you were here, and I'm extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I've shared your comments with my staff, and they were all delighted that you were pleased with our services and felt like you were at home during your stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hotel Staff was very friendly. Check-in was very quick and hotel clerk very nice. Room was very clean. This was my first stay. I would definitely recommend to friend. For those that travel, it is right off Interstate 40.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that my staff made you feel right at home. I've shared your comments with my staff, and they were all delighted that you were pleased with their services as well. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport
Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55

Address: 4515 North Carolina Hwy 55, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Price Range: $61 - $74 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.