“Yuck - Inedbile!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings
Durham, North Carolina
“Yuck - Inedbile!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

The sushi here used to be really good, but according to a few sources, the owner has opted to go "on the cheap", buying inferior quality fish. It is not nearly as fresh as what you would find at other area sushi places, and the last time I was there, the tuna rolls had a funky taste and somewhat slimy texture. Mt. Fuji has slipped badly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Pretty darn good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went here and they did not have the sushi roll I wanted, so I looked up the ingredients, let the waitor know and viola! Out it came. My 11 yrs old son was with me and he loved his. He's been eating sushi since he was seven years old. Good boy ;)

Visited July 2013
1 Thank gnaff9093
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always a wonderful place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for couples, business associates and even families. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The food is always great. I recommend Mt. Fuji Noodles, Mongolian beef and the California rolls. A desert to die for is chocolate confusion.. Share it with a loved one with coffee, there's plenty to go around.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mamacitax4
Cary, North Carolina
“I Can't Believe How Horribly We Were Treated -- Never Going Back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I can't believe that this or any restaurant can stay in business if this is what they call "customer service".

Of 40+ reviews I've posted here, this is the lowest score I've ever given -- and the first time I've walked out of a restaurant.

We visited Brightleaf Square to see our favorite local band perform. About 8:00 pm we realized we were hungry so took at look around to see what restuarants were available. Mt. Fuji looked inviting so we walked in, asked for a table for two, and were seated.

After looking over the menu and then chatting about five minutes, we realized we had yet to see our waiter, not even to bring us some water. A waiter came over and served the table to our left then departed. A different waiter came and served the table to our right and then departed as well. Thinking it odd that one of those two waiters hadn't served us, I went back to the hostess stand to see if perhaps there was some confusion about who was assigned to our table.

Me: Hi, we haven't seen our waiter yet.
Hostess: Where are you sitting?
Me: Over there (pointing to where my wife was seated).
Hostess: Oh. Well the waiter will come by at some point.
Me: I'm sorry, but I've waited long enough already, and would like for my waiter to come by now.
Hostess: If you're not happy with that, would you like to speak with the manager?

What I expected the hostess to say was, Let me make sure your waiter knows your there. I did not expect her to effectively tell me to just wait some more. And then to immediately follow up with, if you're not happy talk to my manager? I'm sorry, but anyone with that limited a range of customer service skills should not be working at the front door of your restaurant.

At this point the hostess turned and told the manager who happened to be nearby that I'd like to speak with him. The manager turned and walked past the hostess stand and me, and just kept walking, doing whatever he was doing with no acknowledgement. I tried to have a conversation with him, but was not successful in doing so. At this point we walked out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Australia
“Simple yet very delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, it was fresh and not at all heavy.
We sat outside and enjoyed the Friday evening entertainment.

Visited May 2013

Been to Mt. Fuji? Share your experiences!