“Always a wonderful place to eat!”
Review of Mt. Fuji

Mt. Fuji
Ranked #495 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always a wonderful place to eat!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for couples, business associates and even families. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The food is always great. I recommend Mt. Fuji Noodles, Mongolian beef and the California rolls. A desert to die for is chocolate confusion.. Share it with a loved one with coffee, there's plenty to go around.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mamacitax4

Cary, North Carolina
“I Can't Believe How Horribly We Were Treated -- Never Going Back”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I can't believe that this or any restaurant can stay in business if this is what they call "customer service".

Of 40+ reviews I've posted here, this is the lowest score I've ever given -- and the first time I've walked out of a restaurant.

We visited Brightleaf Square to see our favorite local band perform. About 8:00 pm we realized we were hungry so took at look around to see what restuarants were available. Mt. Fuji looked inviting so we walked in, asked for a table for two, and were seated.

After looking over the menu and then chatting about five minutes, we realized we had yet to see our waiter, not even to bring us some water. A waiter came over and served the table to our left then departed. A different waiter came and served the table to our right and then departed as well. Thinking it odd that one of those two waiters hadn't served us, I went back to the hostess stand to see if perhaps there was some confusion about who was assigned to our table.

Me: Hi, we haven't seen our waiter yet.
Hostess: Where are you sitting?
Me: Over there (pointing to where my wife was seated).
Hostess: Oh. Well the waiter will come by at some point.
Me: I'm sorry, but I've waited long enough already, and would like for my waiter to come by now.
Hostess: If you're not happy with that, would you like to speak with the manager?

What I expected the hostess to say was, Let me make sure your waiter knows your there. I did not expect her to effectively tell me to just wait some more. And then to immediately follow up with, if you're not happy talk to my manager? I'm sorry, but anyone with that limited a range of customer service skills should not be working at the front door of your restaurant.

At this point the hostess turned and told the manager who happened to be nearby that I'd like to speak with him. The manager turned and walked past the hostess stand and me, and just kept walking, doing whatever he was doing with no acknowledgement. I tried to have a conversation with him, but was not successful in doing so. At this point we walked out.

• Visited May 2013
Australia
“Simple yet very delicious”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, it was fresh and not at all heavy.
We sat outside and enjoyed the Friday evening entertainment.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“An Okay Restaurant”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have been to Mt. Fuji several times for dinner. It has good seating--a little better than its chief competitor Sushi Love. The atmosphere is sophisticated. The bar scene is also good--especially since the restaurant sometimes turns into a club at night. The sushi is good with the buy-one-get-one-free deal. However, the other entrees are overpriced for what you get. The service often ranges from being average to being very good, and it depends on who you get. It is located in Brightleaf, which is a lovely area in Durham.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sam44586
Durham, North Carolina
“Be careful, buy one get one free is for dine in only”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went to get some food to go. They said buy one get one free is only dine in. Could not understand so asked why. I pay the same amount. Why not? Hostess said she didn’t know the reason and asked the bartender why. Bartender didn’t seem to know the reason either but said “you eat/drink more when you eat in so you get that special”. Well, but I do eat, drink same regardless. When you do something special for your customers, please train your staff so they know what to answer to them. And if you are not going to do special for takeout, Pease find some better reasons.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Mt. Fuji? Share your experiences!