“Food OK, waitress was a little out there.”

Blu Seafood and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blu Seafood and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 763 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ninth Street
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Food OK, waitress was a little out there.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Rated one of the tip seafood restaurants in Durham so we wanted to try it. Oysters Re their specialty and we we not disappointed with the raw specials this particular evening. However the entrees were just so so. Our waitress was let's just say far from calm. OK for a bar but not this restaurant

“Seafood done right . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have visited many time for dinner but recently started sampling the lunch emnu. My loves all seafood but if picky about quality and preparation and she has not been disappointed at Blu.

I am a "take it or leave seafood" person but the Mac and cheese with crabmeat converted me. I have tried three different lunch items and each has made me happy. Great flavor and the fish arrives dily!

Lunch trade seems a bit slow but the service and quality are great!

Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Gluten free dining at Blu Seafood in Durham”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I heard great reviews about Blu and am sad to say it doesn't live up to the hype. The dining room was heavy with burned grill smoke/smell, the staff uninspired and way to laid back. They do have gf options on the menu but if your also allergic to milk expect the usual plain dry grilled fish with no attempt at seasoning. Very disappointing meal.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“This is a really good place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had dinner here and was not disappointed (for the most part..) If you like oysters on the half shelf, they have a great selection of 4 different varieties from NC and VA - get 2 of each and you won't be disappointed.

Our group had quite a variety of main dishes - they have a very limited steak selection but it was fantastic. The 'North Carolina' mahi mahi was very good. A good wine selection as well.

The layout of the restaurant is kind of odd - we were in the very back and the room temp was good but very loud. The mid section is hot and smoky from the kitchen - the best location looked to be in the front.

Visited October 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Great seafood with a interesting twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Sitting at the bar finishing my meal with a great key lime pie as I'm writing this review. I had been here once before for a regular sit down dinner and it was great then. It's not a run of the mill seafood restaurant with a selection of fresh fish all grilled etc etc. The dishes and preparations are more unusual and both interesting and tasty. On my first visit we had a selection of the main dishes shrimp & grits (always a favorite and nicely done here), Carolina mountain trout (cornmeal crust with poblano-almond crust as I said interesting prep and delicious)and the diver scallops & shrimp (light touch with arugula, grapefruit and prosciutto). Oh almost forgot as a starter we shared the crab Mac & cheese, rich but good. But tonight I sat at the bar and happy hour specials (basically most of the appetizers on the menu and a selection of oyster all priced at $6 or 7 per ($8.50 a half dozen $14 for a dozen). We'll after a dozen oysters, a Caesar salad, the fried oysters with fried green tomato and the beef tartare, not to mention the key lime pie I'm stuffed, satisfied and still have gas money. The bartender couldn't have been more gracious and helpful as was the rest of the wait staff who assisted him.
Yes I would recommend Blu. Enjoy your visit.

Visited October 2012