“Best Chicken All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mami Nora's - CLOSED

Mami Nora's
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
San Diego, California
“Best Chicken All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Mami Nora's chicken is the BEST. I am using both the Durham as well as the Raleigh location (for business lunches) and have always enjoyed it. In addition to the regular chicken and all the lovely side, I can also recommend the Arroz Chaufa, Peruvian fried rice, the best fried rice you can get, with chicken, sausage, egg, cilantro...

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank AngOber

“Wow! Good find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Bottom line; excellent food, large portions, good value for the money.

Places like this make me really happy that Trip Advisor exists - otherwise we never would have known it was here. Traveling north on I-85, it's an easy stop.

Open 11a 9-p Wednesday - Monday (closed Tuesday ).

Very tasty Peruvian style chicken baked in traditional oven. My husband and I shared a half chicken with two sides and had more than enough to eat. The rice and beans were great!

Very reasonable portions. A steady stream of customers and telephone orders were coming in. It's a small place but the order counter kept up just fine.

Highly recommend.

2 Thank Jennifer L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most delish chicken around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

One of the best value for a healthy homestyle meal in town. This is not a hoity toity hang out, just a simple establishment with awesome food. Always consistent quality. I love this place.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Anna C
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Good Chicken!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I enjoyed the roasted chicken--very good flavor on the skin, though post-meal, I still taste the salt. (I don't use much salt at home.) Despite the salt, the meat was very tender. The yucca fries were okay, nothing to compare them to since I'd never had yucca fries before. The sweet plantains were very yummy! (They reminded me a little of sweet potatoes.)

The atmosphere was hole-in-the-wall, which can be charming, but it didn't endear me at all today. The parking lot is small, so one might need to get creative with that.

This was my first visit, and it was fun to try a new place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank dukefan86
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Especially great for those on a restricted diet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place is a God send for me. Not only is just delicious, but I have been on a very strict diet to heal a chronic autoimmune disease for about 6 months and it makes it impossible to eat out. The food here was healthy, simple, and the things I ordered were free of grains, gluten, dairy, sugar, soy, nuts, legumes, and eggs. I had the chicken, the yucca fries, and the sweet plantains (no sugar, just ripe) It was delicious and I was just so happy to be able to order food directly off of the menu without any special discussion. I highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2014