“Great takeout Peruvian chicken” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mami Nora's
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Durham, North Carolina
“Great takeout Peruvian chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Have never been disappointed here. Although you can eat in, most people in the neighborhood take out. Great alternative to fast food. The chicken is wonderful and there's a good assortment of sides.

Durham, North Carolina
“Great chicken! Excellent value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer gets addicted to Kenny Rogers' roasted chicken? It's that good! My wife and I ordered a half chicken, and it was delicious (better and less expensive than Kenny's). The yucca fries were outstanding, and the chicken soup was full of flavor. Lunch for two for under ten dollars? What a bargain! We also liked that it was served on plates with silverware, instead of styrofoam and plastic utensils. We'll be back soon!

Stockholm, Sweden
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We're spending two days in Durham and decided to pop into this little place for lunch.
It reminded me of home, the food is truly south american without any pretensions and they had beverages that I hadn't seen in years!
Shared a meal with my girlfriend and left pleasantly content and full. Low prices, friendly, a little hard to find but worthwhile!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice change.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good alternative to the norm. The chicken and the sweet plantains were very tasty. The french fries and Yucca weren't anything special. They have two dipping sauces: a mayo one and a spicy one (again, nothing too great). The restaurant is not is the best part of town, it is closed on Tuesdays, and there is a notary connected to the restaurant, which is different. Overall, I liked my meal and I suggest going for the experience, but I don't think we will return because of the driving distance for us.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank uncwmel10
“never lets me down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I love this place and of coarse of love the chicken! great value and the staff is always helpful and professional. It NEVER lets me down, I'll keep coming back and back. thanks

• Visited April 2013