“Great food and price, hidden location”
Review of Mami Nora's - CLOSED

Mami Nora's
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Durham, North Carolina
“Great food and price, hidden location”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Went here for lunch with coworkers, and I didn't know what to expect but was curious to try something new. What I found was fantastic, authentic Peruvian food and drink, in a hole-in-the-wall little building on a street I would never have turned down expecting to find anything interesting. This is definitely a hidden gem in Durham. You can't just go once, it takes several trips to try everything, and it's absolutely worth doing.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank e_moorefield

Durham, North Carolina
“I'm a fan”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to get a quick meal. I usually do take out but it's just as good to hang out in the restaurant. The chicken is amazing and the sauces are excellent additions. The sides are all good and you can't beat the price! It's a little hard to find the first time but I promise you'll be back.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank P-Dub56
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Really good food and price”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Got a takeout at the wake forest road Raleigh location. The plantains were really good and the chicken made me want to cook chicken on the grill this weekend bc of the charcoal flavor. They have a simple menu to choose from and you can't beat the price. Will go back.

1 Thank btru2you
Sanford, North Carolina
“"I agree GREAT Peruvian chicken"”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Started working in Durham and was looking for good places to eat. So once again I visited this site and read all the good reviews about this place. It was so nice to know that, once again, I got good advice from this tripadvisor.
The chicken at Mami Nora's is great and my family loved the black beans! I have since stopped there and bought dinner for a friend of mine from Peru. She was happy to get food that reminded her of her home. She really enjoyed it!
I get 1 whole chicken dinner with 2 sides to take home for my family of three. All 3 of us eat good and usually have a couple of pieces of chicken left over. The place was hard to find because it is in a busy area and really hidden. I went pass the road it's on several times without seeing the sign. It is really tucked away, but, worth the search.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank CoolbreezeNC
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“My Favorite Meal in Durham”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I first discovered Peruvian chicken a few years back in DC, and have had an eye out for it ever since. There is no set recipe for the dish, so it will vary depending on whose kitchen is preparing it.
Mami Nora's cooks their bird over special charcoal, having first marinated it in a mixture of herbs and spices, some reportedly imported from Peru.
Two thumbs up, way up, in my book. I always order it To Go, along with the two sides. For me, this means rice and their black beans-- which are terrific.
Heck, now that I'm thinking about it, I need to get over there again real soon. Maybe Friday dinner. Mmmmmm.

Visited February 2012