“Great food at a great price!”

Tyler's Taproom and Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food at a great price!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I can't recommend this place highly enough. I have lived in Raleigh for 5 years, and I can't believe I am only now going there. We had a coupon from one of those Entertainment coupon books, so my husband and I decided to try it out. The menu was full of delicious options, but I got a salmon salad. It was one of the best salads I have ever had, and the homemade citrus vinaigrette was to die for. The fish was fresh and blackened perfectly. My husband ordered a sandwich and it was great. The best part about this place is that for the food to be so good. the prices were very reasonable. Instead of the normal 8-11 dollars many restaurants want for their appetizers, Tyler's had several options that were much cheaper. The interior of this place is dim and makes for great bar-food ambiance. There are, of course, great beer selections on tap, and we tried several different beers that we loved. The waiter was knowledgeable about the types of beer that were best suited to our tastes, and he was very helpful. The service was fast too, even though the place was crowded. The back of the restaurant has pool tables, big TVs, etc... but it just felt like a classier place than your average sports bar. There were high top tables for 2-4 people that had personal beer taps built in! Pretty cool. We will definitely be back to this place!!

Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“Decent Food, Excellent Beer Selection”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went here with a friend while in town on business. It's a very large restaurant housed in a former tobacco factory. The food was fine--nothing out of the ordinary. I tried their "famous garlic fries" which were (I think) frozen french fries that were more peppery than garlicky and pretty limp. The beer selection was huge and I'm always happy to find Rogue Dead Guy Ale on tap.

Visited March 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Only Okay”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

If you like a large selection of beer and typical bar food then Tyler's is worth considering. Unfortunately, the service has much room for improvement and almost everything on the menu is laden garlic so that you walk out of the place smelling like an order of garlic fries.

Visited December 2012
Hickory, North Carolina
“Great atmosphere but choose wisely from the menu”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've eaten here several times when visiting our family in Durham. The salads are delicious, and the fries, both garlic and sweet potato are outstanding. This time I had the barbecue plate. The greens were salty, the pork was spicy with no sauce, and the cole slaw had too much mayonaise. I tasted my granddaughters fish and chips, and the fish was very oily with too much batter. The food did come quickly, and it was hot. Oh well, sorry about this mixed review. I wish my experience had been better.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sue B
Atlanta, Georgia
“Close to DPAC”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here before going to concert at DPAC. Close to parking garage and only five minute walk to DPAC. Pretty crowded before the concert, but only had to wait 15-20 minutes. Gave us enough time to try one of their many draft beers on tap. Great selection of beer to choose from. Food was ok, but nothing special. Price was about what you would expect to pay for a bar type atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013