“Decent Food, Excellent Beer Selection”

Tyler's Taproom and Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 782 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went here with a friend while in town on business. It's a very large restaurant housed in a former tobacco factory. The food was fine--nothing out of the ordinary. I tried their "famous garlic fries" which were (I think) frozen french fries that were more peppery than garlicky and pretty limp. The beer selection was huge and I'm always happy to find Rogue Dead Guy Ale on tap.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

If you like a large selection of beer and typical bar food then Tyler's is worth considering. Unfortunately, the service has much room for improvement and almost everything on the menu is laden garlic so that you walk out of the place smelling like an order of garlic fries.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've eaten here several times when visiting our family in Durham. The salads are delicious, and the fries, both garlic and sweet potato are outstanding. This time I had the barbecue plate. The greens were salty, the pork was spicy with no sauce, and the cole slaw had too much mayonaise. I tasted my granddaughters fish and chips, and the fish was very oily with too much batter. The food did come quickly, and it was hot. Oh well, sorry about this mixed review. I wish my experience had been better.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here before going to concert at DPAC. Close to parking garage and only five minute walk to DPAC. Pretty crowded before the concert, but only had to wait 15-20 minutes. Gave us enough time to try one of their many draft beers on tap. Great selection of beer to choose from. Food was ok, but nothing special. Price was about what you would expect to pay for a bar type atmosphere.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was a good place to grab some food, but the atmosphere felt rushed. It was very casual, and when we asked the waiter for a recommendation on food, we were told everything was good. It was good food, but if I never go back I would not be heartbroken. If I do go back, I know there will be good food and it will be a nice time.

Been to Tyler's Taproom and Restaurant? Share your experiences!