“We do like the burgers - and we don't drink alcohol”

Tyler's Taproom and Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 785 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We walk over to Tyler's Taproom often following a matinee show at the DPAC. As season ticket members to DPAC (and you mention it to them) you get a complimentary appetizer. We do NOT choose that, as we fill up with the entree, but for those of you in a large party, you might. We get burgers every time. We like them. We like the casualness of the place as well. The garlic fries are tasty, and my friend normally gets the sweet potato fries which she enjoys. We had a family member join us one time, who loved beer and was into things all about beer and history. He loved their selection, and appreciated the serve person who knew as much as well. Interesting - they do NOT serve ANY Budweiser products for you Bud Light folks. Great place to unwind, and be with friends and enjoy a good burger. I hear the chicken pot pie is delicious as well.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stop there quite frequently while shopping at Beaver Commons for a beer and sandwich. Prices are reasonable and servers are friendly. Menu has burgers, pizzas and various sandwiches

Reviewed January 10, 2013

went to dinner with a business associate from out of town. He tried to oreder one of the red beers on the menu - none on tap. I tried to order my favorite pale ale - nope. I settled for a wheatbeer. When I ordered my second glass - no more left. For a pub that advertises a comprehensive beer menu, 3 strikes is a bit much. Won't go back, there are better sports pubs.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

They have a good selection of beer, and our server was very knowledgable and helpful. Two of us ordered fish and chips which was heavily breaded, greasy and not tasty. There were globs of greasy breading with no fish in them. I think (hope) there are better things on the menu. The garlic fries are always good, and some of their asian selections are good, too. We just ordered the wrong dish this time. It won't keep us from going back, but there are other options in town, too.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great choice of beers is the reason to go. Food, not so much. It is mostly bar-style fare -- big plates with lots of fried stuff.