All reviews page road waffles large room king suite mini fridge and microwave the maintenance man the breakfast area choice hotels sofa bed good nights sleep hot breakfast shuttle service next morning an update an older hotel free breakfast the hotel is clean
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

My sister and I booked this hotel because of its proximity to RDU & reasonable rate. We only needed a clean, safe place to rest before getting up for an early morning flight.

Pros:

-Room was clean.
-5 minutes from the airport
-Grab & go breakfast bags before 5 am
-Airport shuttle (we didn’t use this though)
-Surroundings looked safe

Cons:

-Dimly lit room
-Unsightly tub repair (we were so grossed that we didn’t use the shower even with shower shoes) *See pictures*
-Stained hallway walls

Staff were efficient though not exactly friendly. Would possibly stay here again if it was for a few hours before an overnight flight, but not any longer. Overall, it serves its purpose for us.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear that we were able to meet your needs, and will look into the items you mentioned to make any necessary repairs and improvements. Thanks again,and we appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Lobby area outside elevator on 4th floor smelled musty. Room furnishings were a bit outdated. Bathroom ceiling had brown water stains and could use detailed cleaning. Comfortable bed. Pretty decent free breakfast.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you having stayed with us, and hope to see you again. We will look into the items you mentioned as part of our ongoing effort to improve our service. Thanks again, and we wish you the best!

Reviewed April 10, 2019

This is the 3rd time we have stayed there while I am receiving treatment at Duke Medical Center. The evening we were there, the hotel experienced a planned power outage caused by Duke Power repairing a storm damaged transformer. According to the staff they had about 15 minutes notice that the power was going to be cut. The hotel staff made no attempt to warn guests of an impending power outage. Because of medical issues, I need a cool environment as well as access to reliable power. Our 4th floor room quickly became uninhabitable. Fortunately I was recovered enough from surgery to carefully make my way down 4 flights of stairs to join other guests in the lobby sitting in the dark with flashlights and electronic devices. When I politely expressed my displeasure to the staff, I received a shoulder shrug and not even an “I’m sorry”. I’m not the only one who was placed at risk. What about someone who was taking a shower and the lights went out? Or in an elevator? And why are handicapped accessible rooms on the 4th floor? What would happen to someone who is wheel chair bound or with limited mobility in the event of a fire? The staff did not take appropriate precautions to protect their guests. Even though the hotel is clean, with a decent free breakfast and comfortable beds I will probably not stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate hearing back from our guests.

Concerning the power outage that occurred in our area during your stay, I do apologize for the trouble that it caused . I understand that it was a difficult situation. The comfort and safety of our guests is of utmost importance to us, and I'm sorry that we failed to communicate that properly during the event. Despite having practically no advance notice or information from the power company, we did our best to make preparations and have extra staff on hand to assist guests and make sure everyone was safe. Again I apologize that the service you were met with was not up to our usual standards.

Thank you again for having stayed with us, and from everyone here at the Comfort Suites RDU/RTP, we wish you the best.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Upon arriving I was greeted by front desk clerk who was very busy but easily checked me in quickly. My room was obviously either a previous smoking room or inconsiderate guests had smoked there at one time. I informed the front desk and they immediately found another room and apologized. New room was fresh and comfortable. Would definitely stay again. Breakfast was great!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

We appreciate you staying with us! Thank you for sharing your experience, and I'm sorry it got off to not so great start but I'm glad that we could resolve the issue quickly and easily. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Dated hotel, bed comfortable, old towels, small Toilet, ok breakfast, very non engaged check in clerk male didn’t get his name, great driver to the airport shuttle was spot on. Would I stay here again probably not.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Derek S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you having stayed with us. We want all of our guests to have a great experience, and I'm sorry that yours was just ok. We will look into the areas you mentioned as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best guest experience possible.