“Decent place nice pool outback”

Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Avon, Indiana
“Decent place nice pool outback”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stay here once a month, to me nothing special but it's clean and staff is friendly. I hear rumors of a made to order omelette in the morning at the breakfast bar but have yet to get one. They are out of eggs or cook isn't there yet etc. maybe one morning I will get lucky :) the lady at the front desk was helpful, we had a smoker in our group and she put them on floor two because it was closer to a smoking area an coming all the way down to the front of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sticklepath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over a week for business. Room large clean and tidy, refreshed every day, although free water on first night only. Little noise from adjacent rooms. Breakfast good, liked making the waffles. Wifi free although coverage patchy in room on 5th floor. Would stay again

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NC
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here to use the Park and Fly package. We were able to use the shuttle service for free and parked at the hotel for 7 days. The room was just ok. Our fridge did not work and there was mold growing under the air conditioner and the TV was in and out. For the deal that we got it was decent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sweetwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Clean, caring and considerate. First time to Raleigh/Durham on business, and reservations were made here. Scheduled for meetings 2 days in a row, booked a night with "Jason", and they offered to pick me up at the airport!? This saved the cost and time of a rental car! Then I thought I would have to call a cab to take me from my meeting to the airport, but, NO! Jason said, call us I will send the shuttle to pick you up and deliver you to the airport! The hotel was modern and clean, rooms were comfortable and upscale. Decent hotel type breakfast that was better than average. Nice staff. Kudos to Jason!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We used our choice privileges points to book a room for 2 nights at this hotel. We chose the king suite and was assigned room 250. The location of the room was perfect because it was at the end of the hallway with only the stairway on one side of us so we were not disrupted by any noises and had the convenience of knowing the steps were right next door in case of a fire. Our room was a nice size and included a balcony which we actually did not use because it had a concrete wall halfway up which blocked your view if you wanted to sit out. The people in this room before us must have used it for a smoking area since we did find a cup with a cigar and cigarette butts in it. Other than that, the room was very clean...even the carpet looked clean. The room had a flat screen tv which turned to face either the bed or the sofa.
The free breakfast was fantastic! Each morning there were scrambled eggs, some type of meat (either bacon, sausage or a ham steak), hard cooked eggs, yogurt, 2 different kinds of batter to make waffles, bagels, muffins, Danish, bread, coffee, assorted juices, milk, cereal and more.
We noticed a sign in the elevator that said there was a managers reception on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so we decided to go on Monday, our 2nd night there. The sign stated there would be appetizers, beer, wine, and soda. The managers reception was held in the same area as breakfast. Much to our delight when we arrived there was a huge bowl of salad (lettuce), another bowl of chopped tomatoes, a bowl of shredded cheese and assorted packages of dressings. There was also a hot plate filled with Carolina Bar-B-Q and rolls to put it on. I am not much on the Carolina style Bar-B-Q but I had 2 large plates of salad along with a couple of glasses of wine and my husband had the salad and bar-b-que so we did not have to go out to eat dinner that night. They always kept the 2 (white & red) wine carafes filled, as was the beer and food dishes. I have never been at a hotel that did this so I was quite pleased.
There were always plenty of towels in our room so I did not have to ask for extra towels so I could wash my hair. The swimming pool looked inviting but we did not give It a try. The bed was very comfortable. I do take my own pillow along with me as I do not like only having the short pillows. I also like that the sink was inside of the bathroom and not outside like at some hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank duckiebell
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed overnight prior to an early morning flight out of RDU. The rate was very reasonable and we were able to leave our car at the hotel for the duration of our vacation. Jeramiah welcomed us with a wonderful smile and professional service at the front desk. He was on duty again when we returned at the end of our travels. The lobby area was a little "tired" looking, but our room was perfect for our purpose. This visit allowed us to sleep a couple hours later in the morning and we had prompt, efficient shuttle service to the airport and on our return. I have already recommended this hotel to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent the night here recently when we were too tired to drive all the way home from a late night event in the mountains. We made last minute reservations because of impending bad weather and it's convenient to my husband's place of employment. We arrived after midnight and the desk clerk said the computers were down but she received our reservation. She couldn't be certain if the room she assigned us was clean or not. As it turned out, the room was in excellent shape so we settled in for the night. I truly didn't expect the beds to be as comfortable as they were. The breakfast selection was generous, especially with George making fresh to order omelets from scratch. The hotel is clean, the pool looked inviting and the staff was friendly and helpful. This location isn't far from South Point Mall or RDU and there is a Starbucks nearby. Free wifi and newspaper. They have a park and fly package which I am certain we will be using in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family