“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Ranked #24 of 70 Hotels in Durham
New Jersey
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2008

My stay was wonderful. The hotel just got new beds that were extremely comfortable. I haven't slept this well in years.

Also, the general manager was very helpful with my questions, since it was my first time in the area. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed January 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Statesville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

I have just returned from staying two nights at this hotel and using their Airport Shuttle service. I do not recommend that you stay at this facility or use their Airport Shuttle service. The hotel charges a premium to use this service and you have to book it direct.

The driver that took us to the airport drove too fast and we were not even running late for our flight.

On our return flight, I called the desk clerk two times and he did not even send the shuttle to the airport. After 30 minutes, I called the hotel again and they didn't even know that I had been waiting. After 40 minutes, I called again and I was told the driver went to the wrong pick-up area.

After 4 phone calls and waiting 45 minutes, outside on a hot summer night, they finally showed up.

They told me that the first clerk was busy, he was getting off duty and that he just forgot to send the shuttle. These excuses were totally unacceptable, for what I had to pay for the service.

If you need to fly and park your car in this area, please use another hotel. I do not recommend this facility.

• Liked — large beds
  • Disliked — Airport Shuttle Service, dirty floors in dining area
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JB722
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2007

The entire property seemed really outdated. The wallpaper in my room was peeling in places and there were various cracks and stains. I was bored with the breakfast that they offer after the first day and felt that some consideration could be taken to travelers that prefer a healthy breakfast (skim milk would have been nice). All that said, the staff was nice, the room was quite large, the hi speed internet access was free and the room was cheap. It was a tolerable experience but not a place I would want to stay for more than 5 nights.

• Liked — Large Room
  • Disliked — Outdated
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank AJHubert
Woodinville, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2007

Rooms were quite large, everything was clean, beds were decent, service was always pleasant, location was very convenient for us (to RTP), outdoor pool, free internet service (wired and wireless), and free breakfast.

Sure, the breakfast wasn't all that exciting, the furniture was nothing special, the exercise room was very small, and one didn't sink into the bed and go "ahhhhh". But for a budget hotel, we were satisfied.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey B
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2006

Our family of five stayed here for my daughter's soccer weekend. This hotel had some good things and some not great things. Overall it was pretty nice. The two most important things to me in a hotel room are cleanliness and noise control. On those two items, this hotel was great. It was very clean. I know that the noise control was excellent because there was a wild party in the room right next to us all night... and I only knew it because I usually get up in the middle of the night. When I did, I noticed - barely - that the party was going on. It certainly didn't wake me or keep me up. The next morning there were beer bottles in the hall from the party. That is great noise control! The suite was really just a regular hotel room with a little extra room for the couch bed. The furniture style and upkeep was average. There were several items that needed to be attended to - broken bathroom door lock, telephone cord needed replaced, ladybugs on the ceiling. The front desk staff was ok - average, but not overly helpful. The breakfast (weekend) was just ok - worse than most continental breakfasts. So I would recommend this hotel, but it is nothing fancy - just average.

• Liked — Quiet & Clean
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank newbbrn
Naples
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for one night last week, and came away not impressed. The desk clerks at check-in and check-out were indifferent...borderline rude....in both instances. The hotel can best be described as "somewhat tired." The computer in the "business office" was non-functioning. The "manager's reception" was a waste of time....some snacks, a beer or soft drink. Fortunately, my room was clean and everything was in working order. Continental breakfast was adequate. The shuttle drivers were far more friendly than other employees with whom I dealt. The hotel is "in the boonies" and a distance from restaurants (one or two 'fastfood' types within walking distance) etc. I will not return.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank TravelerFL
, Director of Sales / Acting General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, June 20, 2006
The purpose of this response is to convey my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you encountered. I understand you problems with our hotel and some of our staff. The full Management Team met and I expressed your disappointment with our services. We discussed ways we can improve. Please be assured that all the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. I can reassure you this was not our normal standards. We strive for Excellent Guest Service at all times. I want you to know that comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. I would like to know if you have other areas of our service that we could work. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel or via email at Melinda@comfortsuitesrtp.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2006

I want to say this has to be one of the most beautiful Comfort Suites I have been to. I was very hesitant at first due to some of the reviews I saw on this site but after much cosideration our family stayed at this property. The staff by far was willing to take the extra effort to comfort us. As far as security I felt like I was very secure. The hotel hired a sercurity company to monitor the lots at night. The hotel looks like it does very well judging by the sold out nights we were there. Everyone is friendly...the clientel is usually business class and that just made my stay that much better. The pool wasn't open but I'm sure in the summer it would be a nice place to relax. This property has WIRELESS AND WIRED!!! Thats just awesome. Overall I highly recommend this property for the value, the service, and the elegance.

• Stayed February 2006