“Very pleased with my stay”

Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Durham
New York
“Very pleased with my stay”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I was very pleased with my recent stay. The staff was very helpful. The shuttle service was very convenient. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good. If I am in the area again I will definitely choose them again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Jason O, General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I am Jason ONeal, general manager of the Comfort Suites RDU/RTP, NC. Thank you for your positive feedback! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and some of our many amenities. It is our pleasure to offer our guests great service and I will be sure to pass along your comments.
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to the area.

Comfort Suites RTP/RDU, NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Spent two nights here while on a business trip in the Research Triangle area. Rooms are a decent size and in good shape for this kind of hotel. I just wanted a place to crash at night, so didn't need more than that. The in-room wireless was fast and responsive, better than at many a higher-priced hotel. Only drawback was that the window-mounted AC unit in my room was quite noisy - the thermostat didn't control the fan, so turning on the AC unit meant having the fan running continually all night. Breakfast was pretty standard - fruit, cereals, pastries and bagels, plus plain scrambled eggs and fried potatoes. Perhaps the best thing is that it is an easy walk to Starbucks and a popular Mexican restaurant called Mez. Also very easy to access from I-40 and the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jason O, Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear AZ_Happy_Trails,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I really appreciate the positive comments you spoke of.

I am sorry to hear the HVAC was noisy. We do have several rooms which have new units in them that even when the fan is on the unit is pretty quiet and we would be happy to book you into one of those rooms for your next visit.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in town.

Huntsville
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stay here everytime I travel to the Raleigh area on business. They make me feel welcomed on every trip. Breakfast could not be more enjoyable with George there to brighten my morning no matter how hectic of a trip I am having. He keeps it clean and well stocked. Korea is the one that is generally there to check me in and even when there was a problem with a reservation he was able to fix the issue very quickly. I will continue to stay here on my future business trips.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Christine M,
I am Jason ONeal, general manager of the Comfort Suites RDU/RTP, NC. Thank you for taking time to write a review about your many stays with us in the Raleigh/Durham area. It was great to hear how our George and Korea help make your stays enjoyable, I will be sure to pass this along to both. The next time you are in the area I hope you will stay with us again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Suites for business right across from RTP.

Pros: Free wifi, free breakfast, free shuttle including airport. Decent sized room. Good value price for all these items.

Cons: Slow internet many times, old CRT TV that can't swivel to point at sofa for instance, small bathroom (door almost hits the toilet). 5 tiny little pillows on the bed (think throw pillow size). I didnt ask if they had a regular size pillow though.

Overall, this is very much the type of hotel I would choose based on the total value. There is room for improvement, but for the price and amenities, its a good deal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Your typical basic hotel ... what more could you ask for ... They even have a manager's special Mon - Wed.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear F35Captain,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate the “Great Hotel” comment and the post about our Mon-Wed evening Managers Reception. I hope you choose to stay with again next time you are in the area.

atlanta GA
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Still old CRT tv's that you cannot view from the work desk, SLOW internet and NO fax services which I must have in my line of business. Nice rooms though.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms with the outdoor patio!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Lamar, CO
Reviewed March 26, 2012

A friend and I stayed at Comfort Suites the night before we had to fly home. It was a very clean --- a little bit dated, but large room and had everything a person would need. Who cares about flat screen tvs....the others work quite well! The bathroom was in good shape----the beds comfortable and the breakfast was quite good. The service is excellent and the staff very friendly and accomodating! The price I received on booking.com was a great price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
I am Jason ONeal, general manager of the Comfort Suites RDU/RTP, NC. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your overnight stay before you flew home. We appreciate the comments concerning the cleanliness of your room. Our housekeeping department takes pride in this and I will be sure to pass this along to them.

Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope you choose us next time you are in town.