Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I can not say enough about Brian & his staff. Just totally "awesome". I have not seen such kindness ,and professionalism in quite a long time. Brain & his staff truly deserves a "Raise"
I will defiantly recommend my friends, family to stay here when ever they visit Durham. "Keep Up the great work guys!"

Benita Woods

Room Tip: Update to more modern (bold)colors in rooms change curtains & rods
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Benita - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that we were able to offer you a "home away from home" while you were visiting our area. We are so proud to know that we took such great care of you!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just wanted to share with you the experience I have had at this location has been great.The staff,manager Brian Hines,guest services lady's Kim and Marillyn,Q,Jack and all of the other employees have been awesome!! I work in the film industry and have been to many hotels in the United States and have to say these folks have outdone themselves by being friendly with each passing by and always a smile on there faces and all have a great sense of humor.You don't get that everywhere and I think it brings a great asset to this location.Good folks and staff are hard to find sometimes but kudos to these great employees!!! I would also like to add the location is perfect for grocery shopping,the mall,banks,a library,airport,and lets not forget Hooters!!! Thanks again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have use the Extended Stay brand before (San Antonio, TX and Louisville, KY) for my project of +3 month... from all of them this particular location have been the best of all... The regional Sales Manager (Erik) and the Hotel Manager (Brian)... will check with you to see if anything is wrong, and with My Busy Work DAY (7:45 am to 6:00 pm) Brian did provided his email that anything I Need, I can get intouch with him.... This location is very pro-active and do not heasited to recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love the staff. I love the location.. The rooms are clean and cozy..The only down side is the price.. Most people come here because they live on a fixed income or have nowhere else to go.. The price is tooo high... But the staff keeps me here.. They're awesome!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I enjoyed my stay. Staff very helpful and familiar with the area. Were very helpful! Great value for the money and I would definantly stay again.
The location is perfect. Very close to malls and walking distance to library and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2012

"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for 1 1/2 years while consulting at IBM (RTP) and the room and the service was execellent. I would like to thank Brian Hines and the rest of the hotel staff for a job well done.

Marcell Nelson

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July. The rooms were large and plenty of space. During my 2 week stay, there was a double shooting which the police had the entire hotel roped off for most of the night/morning and newscrews all over the place. The police were there almost every other night dealing with the people hanging out back late at night with the constant flow of cars coming through or the ongoing domestic disputes that would happen. There's always shady people hanging out on the side near the door. My rental car was broken into. The General Manager's famous last words were, "I'll take care of that". Which, he never did.

This is a low budget hotel. So expect what comes with a low budget hotel. Crime and shady people.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view towards the back. That way, you don't have to hear the sirens wh...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 595JohnS595
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.