“More than I expected”

Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Durham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Overall, a very pleasant experience...agree with the other positive reviewers. A few items of note to be aware of, in case it matters to you: 1) no queen beds - just doubles - for people sharing rooms. It's been a long time since we slept in a double bed, and now I know why we have a king - yuck! No room to turn over without flopping on top of your bedmate or falling off the edge :-) 2) the bath towels were VERY rough - maybe they were a special exfoliating brand?? 3) the tv reception for the major networks was horrible - if you have a need or desire to watch them, forget it! The other cable/satellite channels were OK, just the locals were bad. Other than those issues which may not matter to most, it was a clean, nicely appointed facility that we don't hesitate to recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BudAndPam
Vicki R, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience. Providing our guests with excellent customer service is what we strive for. See you soon!
Wilmington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I typically enjoy my stay at Wingate hotels. However, the lack of hot water at this particular location is getting cumbersome. For the second time in my last 3 visits, I have no hot water to my bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Vicki R, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Chris,
We thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Guest feedback is so important to us.
I apologize for the inconveniences that you found during your stay. However, I do want to assure you that the water issue is completely fixed.
I hope that you return to visit us during your next visit to the Durham/RTP area.
Naples
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I can only echo the positive comments from other folks posting on this site......room and bath, clean/clean/clean,,,very friendly staff, fine hot/cold breakfast. Others have noted a hot water problem.....I had plenty of hot water. I asked for a quiet room, and was assigned at a hallway end....very quiet. As I checked out and was asked "how my stay was"....I told the young lady, on a scale of one to ten....this stay was an ELEVEN.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Vicki R, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. I am excited to hear that everything met your expectations. Providing our guests with cleanliness and excellent customer service is what we strive for and I am pleased that we were able to do so for you.
We look forward to you returning to Durham and staying with us once again.