“A Very Pleasant Experience For Us And Our Dog”

La Quinta Inn & Suites University Area Chapel Hill
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A very nice hotel. It had a heated indoor pool and the complimentary breakfast was very good. We have a small dog and it was so nice having a pet friendly hotel to stay in. The rate was very reasonable. When we travel with our pet we will stay at La Quinta.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, I would suggest you request a ground floor room.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have repeated appointments at the UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC. After a period of trial and error, I discovered LaQuinta in Chapel Hill and have repeatedly stayed there since this discovery. This LaQuinta is not only extremely close to UNC Hospitals, it is also close to dining and shopping (and drug stores) as well as pet friendly. This LaQuinta is clean, well priced and the employees are very good making it a wonderful choice for my needs. Although I have repeatedly stayed here for appointments at UNC Hospitals, I would not hesitate to stay at this location for business and/or a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My preferred hotel was full, so I thought I would try the La Quinta Inn because the reviews looked okay. Very disappointing stay all-round, beginning with the dated décor in the elevator. The bathroom floor needed cleaning my entire five day stay. I knew the hotel was pet friendly but was disturbed by the barking dogs left in a nearby room. The breakfast menu was very limited. I won't be back!

2  Thank susieqRockville_MD
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Over charged, barking dogs and did not get the adjoining rooms I requested. Rewards program is a joke...I won't get a free room until I'm 100 years old. Going elsewhere where my business is appreciated.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We left the hotel for the day and came back to find that our room was left wide open by the clean up staff. We attempted to address with a manager that day but a manager was not available. We left a message but no manager ever contacted us. When we readdressed the issue we were treated badly at the front desk. It took management several days to contact us. We will never stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank Robert H
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family stayed two nights in this hotel while visiting Durham and Duke University. We all agreed that the experience was wonderful: the room is clean and spacious, the location is convenient, the free breakfast is great, the staff and especially the manager Claudette was very nice, patient and helpful. I am sure we will stay there when we visit Durham next time.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Looking for a good price...this hotel is it. Looking for a nice place....not so much. Broken glass in refrigerator cut my wife's finger. Heated pool was freezing cold. Hotel in serious need of updating. Don't plan on watching tv from bed....the tv is in an odd spot.....spend a few extra dollars and stay at a nicer spot...