“Great Trip!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really enjoyed our recent stay. Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Public areas were also clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in a very nice location. Never felt unsafe driving or walking in the area. It is near Duke University, shops, and many places to eat. Breakfast was fine. Would stay here again.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped by for a night on our way to the beach about a month ago. Clean hotel, comfortable beds...not many places to eat around and there's an odd traffic patten to get to the hotel; a little tricky at night, but so long a your watching you shouldn't miss it. My 2 complaints involved the night shift (11pm) front desk clerk...we arrived around 12:30am after driving 7 hours and the lady is insistent on not only having a full blown conversation about her EMT training, but also berating the fact we booked their hotel through Expedia and the many woefull attributed one may come to expect by using their service. If you don't want people booking online through an online service, then don't put your establishment up on their site...I know she was only the clerk but this was certainly neither the time or place to begin this discussion...I informed her unsaved $30 over their website and I'd roll the dice when it comes to issues...overall a pleasant place, not far off the interstate...we would stay here again and hopefully the therapist won't be at the front desk...

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was a one night stay just for a university tour. I did not expect much for the price but found it very nice, good customer service and clean but the rooms need to be updated and the nice indoor pool was dirty.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I swear by trip advisor reviews and booked this hotel because it was well regarded. I was disappointed because I was not aware that the hotel was entirely pet friendly when I booked it. I am a dog owner, but do not travel with my dog. I was surrounded by other guests who had barking dogs in their rooms. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told that the guests would be notified - but it was of little help. Also I am allergic to dogs and cats, yet manage it fine as my dog does not sleep or even go into my bedroom. There have been so many pet owners in that room that it was difficult to manage.
That said if you are traveling with your pet this is the hotel for you as the rooms are clean and spacious. If you are not traveling with pets or are allergic steer clear of this one.

2  Thank RosemaryN
A TripAdvisor Member
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We only stated for one night, but we really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was wonderful, the facility and the room was extremely clean and comfortable. I will stay here again and I'm a very picky person. As a matter of fact we booked a room at the Super 8 motel, paid for the reservation ahead of time and left there because I wasn't comfortable with this facility or the room.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are in Durham visiting family and made a reservation here. It is very clean, the staff is courteous and friendly.
The rooms are big and clean. It was relatively inexpensive. I can highly recommend it as it is not only clean, but in a convenient location .

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family