“A bit dated but nice for the price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was a one night stay just for a university tour. I did not expect much for the price but found it very nice, good customer service and clean but the rooms need to be updated and the nice indoor pool was dirty.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I swear by trip advisor reviews and booked this hotel because it was well regarded. I was disappointed because I was not aware that the hotel was entirely pet friendly when I booked it. I am a dog owner, but do not travel with my dog. I was surrounded by other guests who had barking dogs in their rooms. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told that the guests would be notified - but it was of little help. Also I am allergic to dogs and cats, yet manage it fine as my dog does not sleep or even go into my bedroom. There have been so many pet owners in that room that it was difficult to manage.
That said if you are traveling with your pet this is the hotel for you as the rooms are clean and spacious. If you are not traveling with pets or are allergic steer clear of this one.

2  Thank RosemaryN
A TripAdvisor Member
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We only stated for one night, but we really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was wonderful, the facility and the room was extremely clean and comfortable. I will stay here again and I'm a very picky person. As a matter of fact we booked a room at the Super 8 motel, paid for the reservation ahead of time and left there because I wasn't comfortable with this facility or the room.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are in Durham visiting family and made a reservation here. It is very clean, the staff is courteous and friendly.
The rooms are big and clean. It was relatively inexpensive. I can highly recommend it as it is not only clean, but in a convenient location .

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rickyred
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I regularly stay here when in RDU area. There are some maintenance issues causing some inconvenience . However the staff is professional and as usual it's clean. I was impressed to notice that the shower curtains are laundered with each stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been receiving medical treatment at UNC Chapel Hill Healthcare and needed a clean, comfortable, convenient place to stay during treatment trips. Trial and error was the only option I had for locating a hotel close to Chapel Hill treatment. Once I stayed at this LaQuinta Inn, my search was over. I now stay here for every trip for treatment. The front desk staff are absolutely wonderful, with check-in and check-out quick, cheerful and flawless. The rooms are always clean as are the bathrooms. The breakfast included with your stay is not eleborate, but there are multiple choices of both hot and cold items as well as bannanas and breakfast is filling. There is also abundant and attractive table space for breakfast, using the internet or reading a book. A big plus for those of us traveling with a pet is the pet policy. Boarding a pet is expensive and no fun, especially with repeated trips for treatment. This location allows pets without sacrificing quality or cleanliness. I will be staying here again soon.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are much more convenient for pets and/or those with mobility issues as eating are...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business