“Great for Pets, Super Staff, Comfortable”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The La Quinta chain does not charge for pets - a real plus in my view! We travel with a cat, and NOT having to pay that extra pet fee is wonderful! Plus this property is dependably clean, friendly and helpful staff, and a very decent breakfast. Set at the end of a road by the woods, so areas to walk pets that need/want walking. Plenty of well lit parking, very safe. Right next to a Red Lobster, and near a number of other restaurants and shops.

A bit tricky to get to when coming from Chapel Hill - turn left at the light before the motel, by the Toyota dealer. Be in the right lane, and turn right just past the Toyota dealer. The road winds around and dead ends on the access road. Turn left there, and La Quinta is at the end on the left. Plenty of room for trailer and tractor trailers.

2  Thank ruralartist
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed one night. First time at this hotel. Was delightfully surprised at how pretty and nicely laid out the hotel was. This included my room. I thought this hotel was fairly new from the looks. Upon asking at check-out I was told that it was built in 1998. Wouldn't have guessed it. As I said, my room was spotless and everything seemed new. Only problem I encountered was that my wall thermostat was not operational upon arrival. i called the desk and they told me to try unplugging and re-plugging the wall unit to reset the system. That did the trick and had no further problems with it. I also felt that the bed pillows were a little flimsy and i woke up at 5 am with a bad headache. Disclaimer: I have an old neck injury so I'm pretty sensitive to sleep posture/positions. This probably would not have bothered the average person. I arrived (barely) in time for a swim in the heated indoor pool and a soak in the hot tub. Both were perfect. However they chased us out at what I considered the early closing time of 10 pm. I had been there for 30 minutes which was enough time to enjoy it a little. Breakfast on weekdays stops at 9 am, so be prepared for that. 10 on weekends, I believe. It was a very large and impressive breakfast area. What I would consider an average offering of food, including the self-made waffles. But it was fine for me. Check-out time was noon which I enjoyed as i relaxed a little longer in my room to try to get rid of the headache. This hotel was, I believe, a very good value with top notch service and gorgeous accommodations. I would stay there again (but bring my own pillow) and would highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Seabrook, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The front desk lady was very kind, friendly and helpful, she tended to our needs immediately and so did the gentleman who was working the shift on maintenance. We are very satisfied with this location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having tried many places in the area in the search for a good value, I was happy to find this La Quinta. The positives are the cleanliness level is high; the bed is comfy; the front desk staff is helpful and friendly. The negative for me was no MSNBC, but I frequently run into that problem in the South. The included breakfast is average--not much different from the ones at hotels that charge much more and, at least there is decent yogurt for a healthy option. I also found that there were fresh bananas. At many hotels, if you come in late, they are gone.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We'll be checking out this morning, but we've truly enjoyed our stay here. Even on the first floor, there's no road noise and the hotel is quiet. Great location, comfortable bed, and a large, comfortable room for two or even three people. Nice amenities and a good breakfast. I've stayed in a place exactly like this and paid 30-40 dollars more! The only (and I do mean ONLY) complaint I have is that the parking spaces are VERY, very narrow and I couldn't fit even my coupe between two lines. They allow pets, but there was no odor in the room from it. Very attentive and friendly staff and you can't go wrong staying here!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Red Lobster side are going to be quieter and sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Everything about this hotel is good. My only complaint is that the towels leave a lot to be desired. They should be thicker and softer. I found the room clean and the bed was comfortable with nice quality bedding. If you are travelling to Duke, it's only 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank safesite7
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed this past weekend while attending a UNC basketball game. 10 - 12 minutes to downtown Chapel Hill. We have stayed in many La Quinta Inns over the years and this hotel is clearly in the top 2 %. Great room and common areas. Spotless clean. Very nice complimentary breakfast. Red Lobster is next door and many dining options are within a 5 - 7 minute drive. All of the hotel staff are so professional and friendly. A special thank you to the great ladies at the front desk, Leslie, Crystie, and Claudette, who all were so kind and helpful.