La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Research Triangle Pk
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Durham
A TripAdvisor Member
Rex, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very nice hotel. I would have liked to have more hot food choices for breakfast not just waffles. Otherwise, breakfast was OK. I was traveling with my husband, my 3 and 6 year olds. We had a king suite. The room was nice. I would have preffered a sofa bed for my kids instead of a futon type bed. For that reason I almost didn't stay here. Overall this a very nice hotel, decorated nicely. Thanks.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My son went to a wrestling tournament and his team stood in this hotel. The day they were living my son lost his wallet with more than $100.00 cash. The hotel crew found the wallet and after identify the content in the wallet they mailed to my home. It was my surprise that the wallet had all the money and personal identification.Thank you guys it is nice to know that honesty is one of your crew standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hi,

I stayed in this place for 5 days and had checked out on Monday Morning 16th July, 2012. When i came to Linthicum in Maryland, i found that i had left the battery charger of my camera back in the hotel room.

I remember it very correctly that i had left it in the table drawer where i used to keep it.
Since it was important i called the Hotel front desk and asked for it the next morning on 17th July.

Sadly after their search they did not find it. I would have been okay with this if i would have dropped it and knew that i had actually lost it.

But, remembering that i had kept it on the table and then also not getting it was really disappointing

Rajat # 919 402 7581

Room Tip: Please make sure you take all your belongings, i did not have a good experience with housekeeping
Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very spacious king room. Clean, fresh crispy linen with plenty of pillows. Not only was the room relaxing they have a relaxing garden area with gazebo, pool and work out room. This was an excellant choice for our family to stay for a reunion.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked a room at the Red Roof nearby. However, after I arrived with my 77 year old mom and and a 12 year old dog with hip problems, all they offered was a third floor room on the back side with a very close up view of train tracks.

We drove around the corner and spotted this La Quinta gem. It wasn't even listed on the list of hotels that take dogs (I was traveling for an agility dog show). It was just what we wanted. Ground floor, lots of grassy areas to walk the dogs. The lobby and breakfast area are spacious. We'd have loved to done breakfast but unfortunately they don't start service until 7 am on weekends. I ordered a refrigerator since the room didn't come with one. ($10/night) It was delivered and set up quickly.

This is just one of those nice La Quintas. Clean, nice grounds, great staff, quiet location. Beds were comfy with 3 pillows each so you could find one that worked for you! Bathroom set on an angle gave us lots of space to move around. I'd definitely stay again.

For dogs... there is a strip of grass on the hotel grounds but there is also a large office park behind the hotel that I think is almost empty so we walked around over there undisturbed.

Room Tip: It's set back off the highway and in some trees. It was really quiet area. I think all the roo...
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This La Quinta was the first hotel I stayed at when I brought my daughter for a look at Duke University. She eventually ended up attended there (Excellent decision, by the way!) and I have stayed at this property many, many times during her years at Duke. It is not the nearest hotel to campus, but we learned that it is nice to get off campus, and this hotel is convenient to South Point Mall with much shopping and many restaurant options, and only 15 minutes from campus and downtown.

It is always completely clean, very quiet, staffed by competent professionals -- and I never feel uncomfortable in the parking lot on my own in the evenings.

Exceptional value in a nicely updated property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LyndaWV
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just moved to the area and spent two weeks here while waiting for an apartment. Hotel was clean, safe, quiet, and the price was very affordable. Staff was friendly and quickly fixed a noise coming from the air conditioner in our room. Hotel is a 15 minute drive to RTP or Southpoint mall and 5 minutes from fast food/grocery/restaraunts. There is a bus stop which takes about 15 minutes to walk to if you don't have a car. Overall a great value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business