“Comfortable Stay for a Conference”

Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2-day conference. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were very soft and cozy! The customer service was wonderful the entire time we were there. The only negative was the food at the conference - the buffet lunch and breakfast were not very good. We were happy to go out for dinner!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Stephanie F:
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your overall experience at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel during your convention. It was a very exciting time for us to have the opportunity to host this conference. The Sheraton Imperial is committed to providing our guests with the highest level of quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. I will share your review with the Chef regarding the food served at the Conference. Let me assure you that your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I couldn't agree more with sandlovers' review that "EVERY single employee I encountered knew the meaning of customer service.....and with a smile!" I have stayed in this hotel 3 times and the staff are so friendly, it feels like coming home. Lori in the bar is lovely, the staff at the reception always greet you with a smile and a "hello, how was your day?" and on my last trip, I also met the general manager who is really nice.

The rooms are really comfortable, there is a great gym next door and the hotel is close to RTP and the airport. I would have given this hotel an excellent but I think that the hotel has two areas of improvements: wifi wifi (if you don't use your wifi for a while, you have to log back in which takes a few minutes) and the food menu (it would be good if the hotel changed it every now and again).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear LauraE04:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest’s comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us feedback.
SHICC

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a conference. This is the second time we have stayed here. We were able to be on the club lounge floor and enjoyed the free breakfast items and snacks in the early evenings. It is not a lot of food but it is still a nice amenity. There is a nice walking path that goes around the hotel and around the nearby buildings. You can get a map at the front desk. Meals in the bar and restaurant were good and not too expensive. It's a nice place to stay. There is also a free shuttle to and from the airport.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Katwave:
Thank you for taking the time to share your on-line review. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I can truly say that our team has a genuine concern for each and every guest that enters our door. That is what we at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel are all about; exceeding our guest’s expectation through excellent service, cleanliness of our rooms and a friendly staff that are always willing to go that extra mile. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your business and hope that you will visit our hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was attending a conference here so stayed the night before. I wish I could have stayed longer. Staff were so helpful and courteous. My room was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and comforter. I slept so well. Great shower! What more can I say. Well a very helpful staff member, Dean saw me with my bag in the lobby and immediately offered to drive me to my car in the parking lot, wait while I put my things in my car and drive me back to the hotel for the afternoon portion of the conference. What a nice gesture and great customer service. I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Celticgirl112:
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your overall experience at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. Our Team takes great pride in providing excellent service to our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. We know the importance of a good night’s rest. I will be sure to share your review with Dean. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you soon during your next visit to the RTP area!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am a flight attendant for a major airline so you can imagine how many hotels I stay in within the course of a year. I have stayed at many nice hotels that offer great amenities and great service. I cannot think of ever staying at ANY hotel in my travels where EVERY single employee I encountered knew the meaning of customer service.....and with a smile! We were greeted by their shuttle driver with a BIG hello. We walked through the front door with two more BIG hello, how has your day been etc....The front desk was friendly than any I have ever encountered. Now, I want you to understand that I arrived at this hotel around 10 pm and was out by 6am the following morning and they left a HUGE impression on all 3 of us! It is AMAZING how nice it is to be in a place where you are more than happy to spend your money! I want to spend my money where people treat me like they want my business.....when in Raleigh Durham....this is your place! P.S. There is a LARGE gym next door.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear sandlovers:

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I checked in for a conference this past week. Check in was prompt and quick. The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful. I went to the 3rd floor to settle into my room. Upon opening the door, the room smelled and looked very cozy and inviting. It also seemed as if the room had been recently remodeled. The room was equipped with a desk, complimentary internet hook up via Ethernet cable, iron, ironing board, and lovely HD LG TV. There was also complimentary water bottles, coffee, and coffee maker. My only complaint at this point was that there was no microwave or fridge in the room. This would have been great but it wasn't a deal breaker. The bathroom was lovely with a beautiful granite top vanity. As a female with long hair, I was also pleased to find that the bathroom did not have the standard, in wall hotel hair dryer. Instead it had a stand alone Con-Air dryer which is always a plus for me. In regards to the room, I have only one main con and that is that the AC/heating unit in my room (thermostat) did not work. The actual system also made a very loud, obnoxious noise on a somewhat regular basis to the point where I simply turned off the heat in my room so that I wouldn't have to hear it again. This wasn't much of an issue since the weather was rather cold outside, but in the summer this could be detrimental to a guest. That would be my biggest advice to hotel staff. Get those units fixed. I was speaking with other guests at the conference, and my room was not the only one with a unit like this. The only other small con I found about the room was that even though the beds were VERY comfortable/always well cleaned, the pillows were EXTREMELY soft and offered absolutely no support. Guests that will be staying there should be advised to either bring your own pillow(s) or to suffer the consequences if they prefer firm pillows. It would be nice to see the hotel incorporate both types of pillows for the price regular guests pay to stay there without being a part of conference group block rate. In regards to the conference, I was very impressed with the staff, and how well they attended to us during our meals and breaks. The hotel is truly beautiful, and almost every aspect, I truly enjoyed my stay.

Dear Sarahseredni:
Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything was A+ ... room, amenities & service. All employees were attentive, courteous & professional. At $200+ it met expectations. Highly recommended for business travel. I personally would downgrade if spending my own money. (In their defense everything is pricey in this area ... I blame high taxes & heavy regulation) Not a complaint but a preference (I'm cheap). Restaurant was good. One small complaint, however, was Internet speed. Throttled down to 2mg...at these prices I expect REAL high speed.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Grennier61:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Sheraton Imperial Hotel has a great location in the very heart of Research Triangle Park and very close to the airport. We try very hard to meet each guest's expectations, and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will make us your choice hotel when visiting the RTP area in the future. Again, thank you for your review and for your business!

SHICC