“I think my bathroom was haunted :P”

Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton. Went there for the Twilight Convention this past weekend, so got a special room rate for that. The beds were extremely comfortable with feather pillows.
I do have a few complaints though... My friends and I stayed for 2 nights and we had trouble with the bathroom on and off the entire time. First, the toilet would run for very long periods of time and had issues flushing. Then the light wouldn't come all the way on. I had called the front desk and they had maintenance come up while we were at dinner to fix the light. When we came back to the room it appeared to be working, but the next morning did not work again.
Also, not real sure what I am being charged for the room... I got my bill in the room and it had a total on it, which is what my total was when I reserved the room. However, when I looked at my statement it was a different amount. Now I am not sure if they do a higher amount until it clears? or how that works... But if it doesn't change I will be making a phone call.
There was trash in the floor in our room when we first arrived as well.
When I checked in, I opted out of having our room cleaned to get a $5 voucher.... Apparently, that was ignored, room got cleaned and no voucher received.

I know this seems like a lot of complaints, but the room was very nice and quiet and I really did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
SSL619, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and the extremely comfortable beds. We encourage you to contact the hotel with any questions or concerns about your bill, and we will be happy to assist you. We're very sorry about the bathroom maintenance issues, and assure you that we do our best to immediately address and resolve any problems. You'll also be glad to know that all our bathrooms will be beautifully renovated in the next several months.
Please visit us again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

Reviewed March 4, 2012

The hotel had a remodel since the last time we stayed and it was needed. This is an old hotel that has been changed and added too. The beds still need alot of improvement, they were awful. We didn't use the restaurant except for breakfast and it was the standard fare. The free business center was a great help and it's located in the front lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for view and close to elevator or you could walk forever.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
SSL619, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. You'll also be pleased to know that the guestroom bathrooms will be completely renovated in the next months. We hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I really only give 5's to the best hotels
This one is clean, modern, large pretty room, very nice.
1 complaint- no dumb waiter in the room

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Enjoyed my last stay at this Sheraton Imperial. This is a slightly old hotel, but everything was functional. This is close to interstate I-40, so it is easily accessible. The parking area is fairly big, and at times if you have an event at the hotel, you have to park very far down. The service was good. I had requested for a late checkout, and they gave me few extra hours. All in all I found it good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor have somewhat nicer view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ravi_trivedi
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Imperial. It was in a convenient location and I appreciated the free parking. The front desk was friendly and efficient and the room was clean and very comfortable, I enjoyed the food in their restaurant and found everyone who worked in the hotel to be kind and agreeable. I was disappointed that there was not an actual fitness room in the hotel but for a nominal fee, guests are granted access to a health club in the same parking lot. The free wifi was an added bonus and it was quick and reliable. I would not hesitate to stay at this location again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank businesstraveler009
Reviewed December 8, 2011

what you expect from a sheraton. clean modern helpful staff. i am starting my vacation here. no sense of humor. no one is happy, just very snobbish. oh well i am reckneck in search of a good time and staying only one night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Nicer than average hotel with easy access to interstate. Was kind of disappointed that room didn't have a refrigerators. While I thought the normal government rate was a value, I didn't think the upgrade to the "club level" had much value. Next time I'd skip the club level and use the savings to purchase breakfast and dinner. The staff I had contact with with helpful and the rooms were extra clean. Wifi was fast and easy to access. Everything from the bathroom to the linens and towels felt a little extra nice. Room didn't really have the best work area but was ok.

I'd go back if I was in the area.

Parking can be a little problem due to the fact that they are a Convention Center and have so many non-guest there during the day. Also parking just didn't seem to be designed for best use. .

Room Tip: 10th floor "club level" requires that you walk down steps to get to the lounge on the 9th...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Marriott at Research Triangle Park
SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP

Been to Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

Address: 4700 Emperor Blvd, Durham, NC 27703-8424 (Formerly Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
#22 Business Hotel in Durham
Price Range: $112 - $300 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Durham