“Awesome hotel! Hope to travel here more often.”

Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Hotel was beautiful! Check in was fast and easy, the staff was very friendly! Our room was nice with great smelling toiletries and a robe. The evening staff in the club lounge was very friendly and the snacks were excellent . Breakfast could have been a little better, but it was still good. Rooms were spacious and clean. The bed & pillows were comfortable.

I was attending a workshop at the Sheraton so I was able to explore some of the conference rooms as well. They were very modern and located close to the main lobby and restrooms. The decor was more tasteful than the Sheraton in Greensboro, which needs some serious updating and maintenance. The temp. was comfortable. The hotel provided pens, notepads, & beverages such as juice and coffee in the morning and water and soda in the afternoon. I had a yummy buffett lunch in the hotel restaurant. The food was excellent, but the restaurant seemed a bit understaffed.

I really enjoyed this hotel and hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Ask for free or discounted upgrades, such as club level for free evening receptions and cont. breakf...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed there with my boyfriends family, and they had all of our rooms lined up right next to each other. This might sound minor, but to get 4 rooms all together on the weekend of a huge convention and function was really a bonus for us. We arrived late that evening from the airport and hadn't eaten yet, so we ate downstairs at the restaurant. Can't remember the name of the meal, but it comes with a crab cake, hot wings and ribs. YUMMY!!!! A lot of food at a very reasonable price. The room was so comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were well stocked, and the beds were super comfortable. The pillows just conform to your head when you lay on them. I didn't want to get up the next morning!!! We stayed the entire weekend, and actually enjoyed our room so much, we spent a Saturday afternoon laying around watching movies instead of touring the city. Also, there's a nice gazebo near the pool and if you're lucky, you'll get to see the bunny's in the flower beds. I would recommend this hotel for comfort, quality and relaxation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We arrived late unfortunately and did not have time to enjoy much of this hotel. A party of 5 needs a rollaway and this one was a real bed. the room was spacious, clean, beds comfortables .. really I recommand this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommand this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was very pleased with my stay. The beds were exceptional and the hotel staff were very accommodating. They provided a free shuttle to and from the airport. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Management response:Responded August 2, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments. In July of 2011 we ranked # 3 in guest satisfaction for the 300+ Sheratons in North America. We try very hard to meet each guest's expectations, and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Hotel is in an office industrial area. A very quiet off the road area. However it is only a couple of blocks away from some good eats, a mexican place and a couple of chain sandwhich shops. The hotel will run you to the mall or a restaraunt within 5 miles. Nice pool but no workout room. they ave a deal with Golds Gym, literally right next door, if you're in to paying to workout. The suites were very nice!!!

Room Tip: best rooms are probably above pool looking west.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2011

We're so glad you chose to stay with us. Most guests find our location a welcome change from the asphalt and concrete of typical airport hotels. Our park-like setting , convenient to RTP, RDU, universities and corporate campuses, is a refreshing change for business and leisure travelers. We hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2011

On the surface, Sheraton Imperial seems like a well-run, well-maintained hotel. Unfortunately, over the course of the weekend, it seemed to me there was a definite lack of attention to detail.

Upon arrival, I wasn't even greeted with a smile or a 'good afternoon.' Instead, the lady who checked me in looked at me with disdain until I told her I had a reservation. The same lady was at the reception desk throughout the weekend and I don't think I ever saw her smile once. In my room, at first glance, everything seemed clean...until I had to eliminate a roach. I'm sure all hotels have roaches, but this is the first time I've come across one. As the weekend progressed, I figured out why. Room service trays are left in the hallways. That's nothing new. However, the trays remained in the hallway almost all day. In fact, two soiled trays were left by the rear elevators from Thursday evening until sometime Sunday morning. Very much an unsanitary situation; perfect conditions for roaches.

Thursday evening, I called guest services to request an refrigerator. The employee told me she had to check with housekeeping and would call me back. She never did. An hour later, I called back. Not only did that employee leave for the day already, but she never passed my request to anybody.

Finally, the breakfast buffet was unimpressive. The scrambled eggs, barely hot to begin with, were cold by the time I returned to my table. And overall selection was not that great.

Overall, there just doesn't seem to be any pride in this hotel. The lack of attention to detail was evident from beginning to the end of my stay at the Sheraton Imperial.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ijit1975
Management response:Responded June 13, 2011

We do take pride in our excellent hotel, and we sincerely regret that this guest's experience was not up to our normal high standards. Please be assured that we will use these comments to train our associates because we understand the importance of attention to details like tray pick up and the positive impact of a friendly greeting. We look forward to a future visit when you can have a more typical Sheraton Imperial experience.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

My sister, aunt and I stayed at the Sheraton for a scrapbooking event. We booked the event and paid for the room through the event organizer. They later went bankrupt and did not pay the bill. The Sheraton charged my sister for the room a year later even though we had already paid for it once. I understand that it was not the Sheraton's fault that the company did not pay their bill but it was not my sister's fault either. I think it was very petty and dishonest of them to charge her credit card a year later. We will never stay in a Sheraton again and would recommend that others not either.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank SummerBelle_10
Management response:Responded May 9, 2011

This situation has been difficult for all concerned. Unfortunately, the third party booking agent you remitted your monies to, failed to remit them to the hotel. Consequently, the hotel was never paid for your stay. As the ultimate recipient of the hotel benefits, you were notified on your hotel folio that you were responsible for the charges associated with your stay.