“Not impressed”
Review of Quality Inn Dunn

Quality Inn Dunn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Convenient location since it is right off of exit 73, interstate 95. The staff was very friendly. The morning desk clerk had to cover not only the desk, but had to handle the room where the continental breakfast was served.

This is a very old hotel which could stand to be renovated.The carpet in the room had several spots.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed there in July and I have to say the first room we stayed in was disgusting, waking up te next morning there was a waterbug!. Later that day the battery died out to the key entrance and the front desk said maintenance was not there is we had to move rooms. This room was just had awful, we saw the cleaning lady coming out, while walking to the room but when we entered the room, trash was not emptied, there was a dirty towel from the last guests and the tub was not cleaned. I would not recomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The lobby was very sparse and one of the chairs had the back broken.
The hotel was old and needed to be redone.
There was only one person working the front desk so we had to wait.
The room was clean, however in the morning housekeeping came in the room without knocking at knocking

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

In all my years & all my travels this place takes the cake. Nothing can describe this old run down motel. I literally slept on top of the bed because the linens were nasty. I slept with the lights on all night. We were too tired to travel further The bath room was icky. All around the base of the toilet was caked with years of "you name it". The toilet ran constantly The carpet had years of stains on it I left there & felt like I was i. My friends laughed & said they stopped gong there years ago for the same reason. This place is a disgrace to Quality Inns everywhere

Room Tip: check out the beds and the bath
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Inexpensive but bare bones. Advertised free wifi did not work in our side of the building (desk clerk told me to stand by the window!). Had to keep jiggling the toilet lever to stop toilet from running.

Room Tip: Better options at the same interchange for a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TerryO66
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last week and had the same problems but decided to give it another try because the rooms are fairly clean for the price. Both stays I was waken by the sounds of the train in the middle of the night (not the hotels fault) and every time our upstairs neighbors shower we hear a loud slow draining. both times a housekeeper knocked and tried to open our door at 9. I thought check out was at 11! This time we also had what sounded like an episode of cheaters going on outside. Not the worst place to stay but if u decide to book here, book online (its cheaper), ask for a room on the front side (the back is just too loud) and request a dnd from housekeeping until check out!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank cajohns85
Reviewed April 12, 2012

All the negative reviews here are true. I'm sorry to say. The toilet didn't flush right. The shower faucet was coming out of the wall. Many other parts of the bathroom were old and falling apart as well. The room was clean but very old and the rug was stained from age, not dirt. There was no refrigerator or microwave. The hotel staff was courteous enough, but we didn't have much contact with them. I've always liked the Quality Inn, but now I will have to re-think staying at one again. The only redeeming factor was the Mexican Restaurant next door. The food was very good and inexpensive. We really enjoyed it. I recommend eating at the restaurant, but not staying at the hotel!

Room Tip: Drive the extra mile to find a better hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank touchedbynangl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Days Inn Dunn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 7 in Dunn
Baymont Inn & Suites Dunn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington

Been to Quality Inn Dunn? Share your experiences!