“Old and in need of a redo.”
Review of Quality Inn Dunn

Quality Inn Dunn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The lobby was very sparse and one of the chairs had the back broken.
The hotel was old and needed to be redone.
There was only one person working the front desk so we had to wait.
The room was clean, however in the morning housekeeping came in the room without knocking at knocking

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Dunn

Reviewed March 21, 2013

In all my years & all my travels this place takes the cake. Nothing can describe this old run down motel. I literally slept on top of the bed because the linens were nasty. I slept with the lights on all night. We were too tired to travel further The bath room was icky. All around the base of the toilet was caked with years of "you name it". The toilet ran constantly The carpet had years of stains on it I left there & felt like I was i. My friends laughed & said they stopped gong there years ago for the same reason. This place is a disgrace to Quality Inns everywhere

Room Tip: check out the beds and the bath
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Inexpensive but bare bones. Advertised free wifi did not work in our side of the building (desk clerk told me to stand by the window!). Had to keep jiggling the toilet lever to stop toilet from running.

Room Tip: Better options at the same interchange for a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TerryO66
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last week and had the same problems but decided to give it another try because the rooms are fairly clean for the price. Both stays I was waken by the sounds of the train in the middle of the night (not the hotels fault) and every time our upstairs neighbors shower we hear a loud slow draining. both times a housekeeper knocked and tried to open our door at 9. I thought check out was at 11! This time we also had what sounded like an episode of cheaters going on outside. Not the worst place to stay but if u decide to book here, book online (its cheaper), ask for a room on the front side (the back is just too loud) and request a dnd from housekeeping until check out!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank cajohns85
Reviewed April 12, 2012

All the negative reviews here are true. I'm sorry to say. The toilet didn't flush right. The shower faucet was coming out of the wall. Many other parts of the bathroom were old and falling apart as well. The room was clean but very old and the rug was stained from age, not dirt. There was no refrigerator or microwave. The hotel staff was courteous enough, but we didn't have much contact with them. I've always liked the Quality Inn, but now I will have to re-think staying at one again. The only redeeming factor was the Mexican Restaurant next door. The food was very good and inexpensive. We really enjoyed it. I recommend eating at the restaurant, but not staying at the hotel!

Room Tip: Drive the extra mile to find a better hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank touchedbynangl
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stopped at this Quality Inn, on our way from Florida. It is an older building with exterior doors, but that is okay, especially when your car is loaded from being a snowbird. The bed was comfty and the vanity area was clean.
We did not have a micro/fridge which we knew when we checked in, but no digital alarm was quite a surprise.
The carpet is old, dirty and looked unswept (travel with slippers for your feet). The tub area was in dire need of major work. Bad/old caulking around the tub and the permanent tub mat was dirty, therefore after several hours on the road, a nice soaking tub bath was not in order.. The toilet did not flush property unless the handle was held down.
Breakfast was served from 6-9 which was adequate. I have had better and a lot worse..
Our room number was 120.

Room Tip: Always travel with a flashlight to check for bedbugs, slippers for your feet, maybe a travel alarm c...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Short version,,,DON'T EVER USE HOTELS.COM AND DON'T EVEN CONSIDER A STAY HERE.

Long version....I was traveling with family and made reservations at the Dunn, NC Quality Inn. I unknowingly made the reservation that afternoon thru Hotels.com while we were on the road, the reservation process with them was a horrible experience in itself. The reservation was made, accepted and confirmed for a room with 2 queen beds. When we arrived, after 13 hours on the road and after 10 pm, I learned the hotel had rooms with only 2 double beds. The front desk clerk told me that I had used Hotels.com (they never identified themselves on the call and led me to believe I was speaking directly with the facility) and that they are always difficult to deal with and give incorrect information. At that point, it was late and after a few phone calls we learned that all other hotels in the area had no vacancy so we were more or less forced to stay here.

The actual room was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. It was dirty, old, rugs and bedspreads stained, tub/shower and walls in bathroom stained, the old chrome fixtures were completely rusted, it smelled, the air conditioner did not work and knobs were broken off, bathroom vent was hanging loose from the wall. The free breakfast was a joke-coffee pot empty, toaster didn't work, no biscuits with the biscuits and gravy and this was at 7:30 am!!!! (I went back two times within and hour and nothing was ever replenished) I could go on and on with the horrors.

I let the desk know that I was unhappy with the fact we reserved 2 queens and could only get 2 doubles, as well as the overall condition of the facility. Apparently, the person could not understand the english language and only thanked me for my stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family