“Bit off Kilter”

Sagebrush Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Dunn
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sagebrush is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on hand-cut steaks. We also offer award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers, homemade desserts and a full bar. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We have eaten many times at Sagebrush Steakhouse in Lenoire. The experience has always been a good one. Therefore, today coming back I-95 from Raleigh we decided to stop at the Sagebrush in Dunn. It was about 1:30, no crowd. We were seated in the bar area, nice quiet as only 3 others. We waited 15 minutes to be acknowledged, 30 for the food, and 15 for the bill. It is NOT and I repeat NOT the waitress' fault, she was the bar tender, take out manager, waitress in the bar and one other area of the restaurant. The management should be ashamed. There were 3 others there, but it wasn't "thier" station. The food was not presented well, nor was it what we expected. We will not go there again in case it was not a one time goof up.

1  Thank gailhup
There are newer reviews for Sagebrush Steakhouse

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a popularly price steakhouse, meaning you get a lot for your money even if the meat is not of Ruth Christ or Morton's quality. But my steak was prepared Pittsburgh style, the way I like; my Manhattan was certainly inexpensive by tody's standard and we enjoyed the very friendly service.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place is by far the worst steak house I have ever eaten at. My husband and I have tried several times to have a positive experience but let's face it folks, it is never going to happen. First, yo are lucky if you are greeted coming through the door, you are even luckier if you don't have to hear what waitress is sleeping with what manager while you are waiting to be acknowleged for a table. Once you are seated you get to play the game of "hey, can you help us? We have been sitting here for thirty minutes with no one." Once that game is done you move onto getting your salad about the same time as your entree...but hey, no worries because your entree will ALWAYS be wrong so you get to send it back and enjoy your salad. After getting your entree back you might be in need of a refill, but that is just not going to happen. In fact don't even think to ask for a refill of bread or for that matter enough bread for everyone at the table to get one piece. That is just asking for a lot. After about two and a half hours your dining experience will be complete with the worst steak ever. It will be tasteless, it will be dry, it will make you yearn for Taco Bell meat. When you are ready for the check do not be shocked when you have to play capture the server, followed by corner the server and last but not least walk yourself to the front for the check. Tipping, ah yes tipping. I always tip 15% no matter how crappy the service because at this point it is just a game. My husband and I go there on purpose just to see if they can make the dining experience even worse then the time before. They never disappoint! It has become such a game to us we take friends there and tell them ahead of time. We laugh and laugh and laugh about how bad this place is. It is actually a drinking game for our friends. We are always pleasant though.
PS. If you want to make this experience better play this drinking game. Be sure to bring a DD because you will wasted. In no order:
1. After initail order, ask for silverware that never comes drink. Have to eat steak and salad with hands...drink.
2. Salad comes before food, drink. If it has the right dressing don't drink. If the dressing is incorrect and the croutons have mold, drink more.
3. Glass is still empty and you asked more than once, don't drink, go to the bar and get your own and then drink.
4. Food is wrong, drink for every ten minutes it takes to get more food,
5. New food is wrong, drink twice. Ask for manager who never comes, drink.
6. You get bread but not enough, drink twice.
7. You ask for bread refill and your waitress gets pissy. Down the glass. Just empty it.
8. You get your check and it is correct, don't drink. If they have added stuff, and they do...DRINK.
9. By the end of your visit you know which waitress is sleeping with who and the bus boy might have crabs...drink.
10. One of the staff makes a baby daddy comment or baby momma comment, drink.
11. They show you a picture of the their baby to up their tip...drink.
12. They tell you a story of lifes woe to up tip...drink.
13. You see a camel toe in their waitstaff jeans...drink.
I promise by the end the experience will be so laughable and funny you will not care that you were most likely fed possum instead of steak. Enjoy!

3  Thank GenandMike
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and I would say that each time the food was ok. Tonight everything but the steak was good. The steaks were tough and tasteless. Now I understand circumstance and am away going bay have been new staff, understaffed or unpredictable amount of customers. However, waitress was terrible. Never filled drinks or cleared table. No offer to being a box or more biscuits when food took forever. No it silver wear till food was brought out till after we receives our food. I have always left a bigger tip no matter what. Tonight she was lucky to get 5 dollars and I will call restaurant. Yes I was a waitress for several years.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Food was good; ribeye served over fried onion straws, baked sweetpotato & stringbeans. Served as ordered, but seem a bit small for a 16oz "Cowboy Ribeye). Ate in the bar so I could watch Thursday Night Football...but guess what? Although they have at least 5 tv's, they only have basic cable so no Thursday night NFL. Another patron was complaining about that, in addition to they're not having any wireless access. The staff was GREAT! Bartender normally worked days but was filling in and she was very friendly. The patron who also complained about the lack of football and wireless said the only reason he stayed was because of the staff. My waitress, Kadeidre, couldn't have been more helpful or friendly.

Been to Sagebrush Steakhouse? Share your experiences!