Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast
$62
$80
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjade roomgracious hostslovely homechain hotelcampbell universitygreat wificomfortable king bedsimply devinesouthern charmbreakfast was deliciousa long road tripsouth carolinagreat stopfamily weekendplace to stayour home away from homeperfect stay
Reviewed March 12, 2009

This house is absolutely beautiful inside and out. The wood floors inside are marvelous.

The owners are very accomodating and helpful. The breakfast was sooooo good.

There are some historical sights in the area we enjoyed, including a museum within walking distance.

The restaurants in the area were very nice. The Italian restaurant recommended by the owners was my favorite.

One word of caution - in North Carolina you can still smoke in restaurants. If smoke bothers you, select your restaurant carefully. Living in FL, we were not aware this was the case.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2009

My Wife and I and two other friends found Carmen, Rob and their B & B to be a delightful 1 night stay. The room was magnificent. The food was outstanding. Carmen took care of us as if we were her parents. the value is outstanding. Don't miss this one if you want to get off boring route 95 on your trip north or south to the South.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iraistheboss
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Awesome is the only way we can describe this! We walked in, the place was so elegant and reminded me of the older mansions with the staircase and the large hall, dining area, living room, and huge bedrooms and soft beds and linens. I slept like a baby!! Our hosts were so helpful in making sure all your needs were met! I got the Ultimate Celebration, which inludes flowers, gift certificate, cake, champagne, apetizers upon arrival....it was worth every cent, which believe me was not a high price at all for what we got....I recommend this to everyone, and give it a 5 star rating!!! Thanks, and make this place your next visit, you will not be sorry!

Mary and Bill
Glenfield NY

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 30, 2008

This was just an overnight stay for us on our way to our winter lodgings in Savannah. I started researching chain hotels and quickly determined that hotels -- some of rather dubious repute -- cost as much as a nice B&B.

Positive reviews attracted us to this one; the helpful and accommodating telephone manner of the owner clinched our resolve to stay here.

Carmen, a transplanted Romanian-Canadian (we are Canadians too) could not have been nicer. Our room ("Coral") was comfortable and well furnished. But the real selling points are the public rooms of this grand house and the opulent breakfast that Carmen serves.

And her attitude. As in: "I'm here to give you what you need."

Bravo to this business. We will NOT be staying in a chain again, if Simply Divine has space for us.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 24, 2008

When first planning our trip up north to see the kids and grand kids I looked for a location about half way between Florida and Pennsylvania. I checked all the routine Travel Lodges, Inns etc. and often found reviews that were not too comforting. My first prerequisite, as always, is to find a CLEAN place to stay. Not satisfied with the regular choices I then tried looking under the B&B's. That's when I found a new and absolutely wonderful B&B named Simply Divine in Dunn, NC. Now, I just have to say that we have travelled the world and have stayed at numerous Hotels, B&B's and resorts. So, for the sake of comparison, this Stately residence has what it takes. The two main ingredients to a successful B&B are the accomodations and the owners. The home is conveniently located 1 mile off Route 95. A mansion built in 1907 with original woodwork, a must see! The surrounding homes in the neighborhood are spectacular as well. The owners, Carmen & Rob were made for this residence. They are that special kind of people who go the extra mile to please weary travelers. From the evening glass of wine, providing a local restaurant for dinner and preparing a full breakfast they take care of your every need. Jumbo Jim, a vocal outdoor greeter, makes every arrival special. Oh yes, the bed was truly Divine and the private bath CLEAN as a whistle. All the bedrooms are Suites(large). So you can take your chances with the highway Inn's and Outs or you can pamper yourself with a special treat.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family